🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » adding external certificates
Page options
arny64
Community Member

adding external certificates

hello,

i have a couple coursera certificates saying i completed the course's how can i add a link to the image of the certificate in my profile?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Tyler!

Are you referring to the certifications section in your profile? Unfortunately, if a certification you are trying to add isn't available in the drop down menu, Upwork won't be able to validate it. You can still suggest for it to be added in the future and can use the portfolio section to show your certification provided there is no contact information in it.

If so:

To add a certification

1. Go to Find Work  Profile
  2. Scroll down to the Certifications section and click the Add button
  3. Select a verifiable certification from the list and follow the instructions provided

By completing the verification process, your profile will feature the official certification logo, a 'verified' badge on your certification, and which can help you access opportunities that match your level of skill.

If you try to enter a certification not on the list, you’ll have the opportunity to Suggest a Certification. Occasional additions will be made to the Add form as well as to the list below.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/215650138-Add-Certifications

If your certification is not available on the list, you may suggest that certification and it will then be reviewed by Upwork's Engineers. Please see the screenshot below. Once they complete the review, it will then show on the list. 

undefined

If you meant to add your certifications in the portfolio section, then just follow these instructions. under : Add Portfolio Items

Best,

Hugo

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Tyler!

Are you referring to the certifications section in your profile? Unfortunately, if a certification you are trying to add isn't available in the drop down menu, Upwork won't be able to validate it. You can still suggest for it to be added in the future and can use the portfolio section to show your certification provided there is no contact information in it.

If so:

To add a certification

1. Go to Find Work  Profile
  2. Scroll down to the Certifications section and click the Add button
  3. Select a verifiable certification from the list and follow the instructions provided

By completing the verification process, your profile will feature the official certification logo, a 'verified' badge on your certification, and which can help you access opportunities that match your level of skill.

If you try to enter a certification not on the list, you’ll have the opportunity to Suggest a Certification. Occasional additions will be made to the Add form as well as to the list below.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/215650138-Add-Certifications

If your certification is not available on the list, you may suggest that certification and it will then be reviewed by Upwork's Engineers. Please see the screenshot below. Once they complete the review, it will then show on the list. 

undefined

If you meant to add your certifications in the portfolio section, then just follow these instructions. under : Add Portfolio Items

Best,

Hugo

So basically, if I do not have a specific certificate, I can't get Top Rated freelancer badge? This needs to be changed. I got a message that I am Top Rated freelancer, but I need to have 100% profile. I have 95% and I have an Accounting certificate, but obviously there is no such thing on the list. So it is impossible to get 100% unless I do some courses, which is not necessary for my profession. Can you at least remove certificate % to achieve a 100% profile?

Hi Elinars,

There are many ways to get to 100%, but some items are required. To learn more about completing your profile up to 100%, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The Certifications list is far too limited. It should also include the ability to add other non-listed certifications. Mine are vast in breadth and some are non-US based too, so having this would allow people like me to showcase our full spectrum of abilities that we studied hard to achieve.

Linkedin allows this and it has been very useful, yet people like me who are very highly qualified and educated in multiple disciplines are penalised on Upwork, which actually does a disservice to Upwork's reliability and repuation too.

See attached Executive Profile for some of the certifications I hold and cannot showcase.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bill,

Currently, only certifications listed here can be validated and added to the Certification section of the profile. The team is working to expand the list but we don't have any ETA for when specific certifications will be added. You can still use Portfolio or Overview sections of your profile to highlight your certifications.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kaysarsd
Community Member

I have completed over 40 profetional training from lynda.com, but unable to showcase the autheticity of my work without puting those certificates into my profile. I've requested for 3 certificates though, haven't get any reply regarding those yet. 

Any suggestions about it, please? 

Hi Sayed,

I would suggest adding your certifications as portfolio items. This way clients will still be able to view your certifications, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 
I have a couple of google certificates saying I completed the courses.
And I mail to.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But I Don't know why my certificate is not shown in my profile. 
In this case how many times are taken to verified Certification.

Hi MD Abdul,

I am sorry for the late response. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Hugo,

Thank you the detailed clarification on the external certifications.

Could you please share the timelines for reviewing, approvin and adding the Suggested Certifications to

a. the list

b. my profile

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexander,

When you`re adding a certification that is not on our list (as a portfolio item) it will be published immediately.

If your certification is not on our list, feel free to use the Suggest option. Occasional updates to our list will be made. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have attached my Goggle Ads Video Certification in my profile and also mailed the pdf file to Upwork, still my approval is pending. It has been 4 days. How much more will it take?

Thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haseeb,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members