🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » availability badge
Page options
513c0015
Community Member

availability badge

I turned off  my availability badge by accedent..Do clients can wright me a massage in privat when availability badge is off??And do clients can see my proposal when availability badge is off and accept it???Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

Yes for all.

This badge just increase search results. Your profile will be shown before unpaid. Nothing else.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Yes for all.

This badge just increase search results. Your profile will be shown before unpaid. Nothing else.

What exactly is not true? Issuance sequence? You can buy and test. Without a badge I appeared on page 30, with it on 28. 🙂

sofia2008_0-1681410975901.png

2 pages difference might have only been related to timing. Can you confirm that all 28 first pages had Availability badge on and no Availability badge starting pages after page 30?

Not all. Random exists. My profile was moved up to 2 pages with bage then returned to 30th when dsabled. So it will increase search result a liitle for sure.

I think "search boosting" also will be added soon to take additional $$ from FLs.

msimon_pm
Community Member

I don't know how I should call the "availability badge" thingy. I needed a new job (or two) so tickling the tummy of this beast may be a good strategy: I updated to Freelancer Plus ($14.99/month) and kept submitting proposals for relevant jobs. In my field there are 1-3 new worthy jobs a day, so in 1.5 weeks I sent out 7–8 proposals. I haven't heard anything back, I thought it's time to ramp it up, and activated the availability badge.

1 connect = $0.159 /day for being "more" visible - baseline is a bit murky, but well, why not. I tested for 5 days, kept sending out proposals at the usual rate.

According to the "impressions and clicks" analytics, $0.8 in 5 days did improve my profile's visibility from 0 impressions to 0 impressions, from 0 clicks to 0 clicks. I had 1 profile click in 7 days, one of my proposals' recipient did open my bid.

I can see that the clients do hire, cancel jobs etc., so there's life under the surface, but it is as if the algorithms made me invisible. 

Any thoughts, or tips? Does an AI-generated profile get more attention, or attention at all? Note, I've been successfully bidding since 2011, jobs didn't always come fast or easy, but attention and interviews did. Something changed, and I can't put my finger on its pulse yet.

All-in-all: forget the availability badge, spend the same amount on proposals or beer.

I got less invite with the badge.

lehuan5062_0-1701132091212.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members