🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » can a provider close a contract?
Page options
orkun
Community Member

can a provider close a contract?

I have too many completed contracts that are still open and i couldn't find a command to close them. I want to do that because of some potantial clients see these jobs and think i have too busy with these lots of works and can not work on their projects. On my contract page, there are only two commands which are useless to close the contract. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
pythondev90
Community Member

Sadly you've to do that manually, Otherwise if you were a developer, so I was going to advise you to use Upwork API to list all in-progress contracts and loop over each contract to end it automatically.

Hi Ahmed, thank you for your answer. I am fine to do it manually, however there isn't any command or button or anything to end/close the contract. If i choose a contract and clik the ... link, there are only three commands 'view work diary', 'send a message' and 'propose new contract'. So i think only the buyer can close the contract?

A freelancer ("provider") May close ANY contract at ANY time.

It is easy to do. It sounds like you are looking in the wrong place.

On the 'All Contract' page, click the job title you would like to close. When on the contract page, click the 3 dots on the top right and hit the 'End contract' button.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members