Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in duration options on fixed-price proposals

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
11 of 21

At the moment, the only thing you can do is select "less than a month" and explain your expected timeline in your proposal.

2eac81ef
Mania E Member Since: Sep 14, 2020
12 of 21

Thank You, Wes
But I think it is not as impressive as selecting "less than one week" from the drop-down box.

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
13 of 21

Mania E wrote:

But I think it is not as impressive as selecting "less than one week" from the drop-down box.

Agreed.

2eac81ef
Mania E Member Since: Sep 14, 2020
14 of 21

Could it be relevant to the number of submitted proposals?
For example, if you had more than 20 submitted proposals, you can not able to complete a new project in less than 1 week?

vickyy1984
Vinod K Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
15 of 21
Hi

For the time being, till this gets fixed, hope the clients can be given a notification that "for all fixed price jobs the freelancers can only choose less than 1 month duration. Kindly do check their brief to undestand their duration for each project"... wow, now thats quite a mouthful😊 but something of this stature... hope it would help freelancers as well, i guess???
jerrymulcahy
Jerry M Member Since: Jul 27, 2020
16 of 21

Hello Joanne,

I have noticed this change as well. I feel that clients will be put off by this is a freelance can not turn an easy job around within a weeks time. Will UpWork please put this back? Will they notify the community?

Thank you,

Jerry

f76a2e6e
Gabriel L R Member Since: Sep 11, 2020
17 of 21

Has anyone else had the "less than one week" option removed from "how long do you think this project will take"?  Now it only says less than one month as the fastest option!

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
18 of 21
There should definitely be a "less than one week" option - please put it back!!! Most of my clients want a quick turnaround and I want to communicate that I can handle projects with short deadlines. "Less than one month" would not be an acceptable timeline for the majority.
katiecan1
Ace Contributor
Kathryn M Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
19 of 21

Recently the dropdown for "How long will this project take?" in the Submit a Proposal section changed. The new options are:

6+ months

3 - 6 months

1-3 months

less than 1 month.

In the past there was an option for "less that 1 week" which was the option I chose unless the job indicated otherwise.

Over the years I've been on Upwork most of my jobs were completed in days or weeks. It seems to me that "less than a month" is vague and does not really give the prospective client a realistic idea of turnaround time.

Perhaps some consideration can be given to bringing back "less than 1 week."

imranislamimon
Imran Islam I Member Since: Sep 6, 2020
20 of 21

Less than one week option should be added again because I have got some jobs which I can finish within 1-2 hours but I have to select less than one month which is ridiculous. 

I am requesting to Up Work to add "Less than one-week" option again and also add less than a 1-day option if possible.

Thank you 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS