🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » company policy agreement received
Page options
creamprime
Community Member

company policy agreement received

Good day,

I have been sent a company contract and they say they will establish an upwork contract with me once I agree to the terms of their company. Do you need to review it before I sign or should I demand that the upwork contract be established first before signing theirs?

Kindly reply urgently.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There should be no need to sign any contract other than an NDA, and yes, of course you need to read everything before you sign! Have they agreed to hire and pay you ONLY via Upwork? There are lots of scammers who target new freelancers, so you need to be very careful.

Christine A wrote:

There should be no need to sign any contract other than an NDA, and yes, of course you need to read everything before you sign! Have they agreed to hire and pay you ONLY via Upwork? There are lots of scammers who target new freelancers, so you need to be very careful.

I guess she want to know if UW has to approve the other contract.

jr-translation
Community Member

Zubaida A wrote:

Good day,

I have been sent a company contract and they say they will establish an upwork contract with me once I agree to the terms of their company. Do you need to review it before I sign or should I demand that the upwork contract be established first before signing theirs?

Kindly reply urgently.

Regards,

No hard feelings, but I think you are not ready for freelancing. If you want to work on Upwork, you need to be familiar with Upworks ToS so you can check if the other contract violates them, e.g. Payment terms.

If that contract volates te ToS, flag the job description and report the client. This way you might get your connects back.

Usually no additional contract is needed, but clients might ask for a NDA. DO NOT share any of your personal information.

I understand it is thrilling to get an offer but the fall will be much deeper if your first client is a scam. Use a few hours/days/weeks to read other peoples experiences here in the forum. That time is well invested.

Ok thank you. Your recommendation is well noted.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members