🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » does it affect JSS every time if a client reh...
Page options
priyanka_rvtech
Community Member

does it affect JSS every time if a client rehire you on another project?

I always If an existing client rehires me for another project and I complete it successfully with good feedback, does it contributes to my JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Priyanka,

Long-term clients are those you worked with for at least three months. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LuiggiR

Hi Priyanka,

Yes, even if it's the same client that hires you on a different contract, if they leave feedback on that contract, it will impact your JSS

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for answering my query. Would it be count as a long term clients?

Hi Priyanka,

Long-term clients are those you worked with for at least three months. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
ticat
Community Member

Hi. If rehired by a previous client on a separate contract, does the Upwork fee start again at 20%?

Thanks

cf061dbc
Community Member

Hi Rob, the customer billing is counted as a lifetime billing to a customer. You will get 20% charge for a customer on anything less that 500 regardless of however many different contracts you have with them. Once the total billing goes over 500 then the Upwork fee will reduce to 10%. For over 10,000 dollars this is 5 %. To give an example, let`s say you worked with a client X on a contract and they paid you 400. This is all charged 20%. If you set up a new contract with the same client and this time you charge 600, the 100 dollars will be on 20% and the rest 500 will be on 10%. Hope this makes sense. Also see this Freelancer Service Fees – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your message. You pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client. So, if you have already earned $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client, then your fee will start from 10% on new contracts with the same client.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members