🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » hourly job paused
Page options
3becbf66
Community Member

hourly job paused

A client hired me for an hourly job and I completed a milestone, but after that, I didn't hear from a client, so I didn't continue working as the client didn't tell me what to do further, Today, I received an email from Upwork that my contract is on hold. My question is that the previous work I have done is in review. Will i get paid for my previous work?

13 REPLIES 13
3becbf66
Community Member

Kindly someone help

PradeepH

Hi Insha,

I am sorry to hear about your contract. I understand your concern about getting paid on the suspended contract. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the contract has been placed on hold due to an issue with the client's account. Your payment will be processed as soon as the client resolves issue with their account/

- Pradeep

Upwork

I am talking about the payment that is already in review prior to the contract being paused. Will i be able to draw that payment? Will it become available as it is in review

I am talking about the payment that is already in review prior to the contract being paused. Will i be able to draw that payment? Will it become available as it is in review.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Insha,

Thank you for reaching out. Any logged hours prior to a contract being paused are still eligible for Hourly Payment Protection as long as they meet the criteria listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie, I have used upwork's time zone, filled all the memo's and it is showing in review. 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Insha,

There's nothing we need to do at the moment but wait for the review period to finish. Should there be any issues with the hours you logged, our team will reach out to you.

~ AJ
Upwork

I just had a similar issue Insha. I wasn't covered under the hourly payment protection because Upwork support claimed I wasn't active enough with clicking for every minute I was logged in on their time clock for the contract that was on pause. They never specified how many clicks per minute they considered sufficient for the protection, which was frustrating. 

Thankfully, the client issued me a bonus to cover the amount Upwork refunded him while the contract was paused. But not all clients do that, nor can Upwork force them, which means freelancers go unpaid. 

3becbf66
Community Member

Kindly help.

Will I get the payment for the hours that were already logged in. The amount is in the review

Did you tracked time with app, all within rules? If yes then you will be paid.

3becbf66
Community Member

Yes, i did. I applied time track, filled memos and updated the work i was doing.

3becbf66
Community Member

The payment shows in review.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members