🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » i cant find dispute tap
Page options
Community Member

i cant find dispute tap

Hi everyone

I started the contract on November 4th and requested payment from the client on November 8th. But the client kept not responding. I couldn't wait any longer, so I ended the contract to receive payment and selected 'client failed to pay' as the reason for contract termination. And I tried to go to the upwork dispute center. But I followed 'https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528', but I can't find the 'see request' tab and the 'I do not approve of this request and wish to file a dispute'

please help me

2 REPLIES 2
Community Member

Lee, those buttons are specifically when you, as the freelancer, receive a refund request from the client.

The client has 14 days to respond to your milestone submission on fixed price contracts. If they fail to respond in that time, then Upwork will automatically release the requested funds to you. The fact that you needed money sooner is not their fault, nor Upwork's. By ending the contract, you forfeited your right to the money. I hate to say it, but that money is no longer yours.

We all have learning experiences like this one. The best thing you can do is go and read all of the Upwork Academy information. Read the Terms of Service. Study so that you won't make this kind of mistake again.

thank yoy for your comment

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members