🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: is it really worth subscribing to freelan...
Page options
0fbb9d32
Community Member

is it really worth subscribing to freelance plus? i have yet to see much benefit from it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eleonora G wrote:

Do we have any evidence getting a Plus Plan will help with things like ranking, proposal views and so on? 

No, it doesn't help with that at all. Many previously successful freelancers (myself included) have seen their views and invitations tank in recent months, but that has nothing to do with whether we're on the Plus plan or not. If it were possible to pay $14/month and get jobs more easily, we would all be using it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mo_mib
Community Member

I would say it depends on your needs.

If let's say you are already getting invitations for jobs constantly, you are Top-rated or Top-rated Plus and you get monthly free connects. Chances are it won't be too helpful for you.

If you are job hunting, however, it could be beneficial in terms of you seeing the lowest and average bids. Some jobs are just not worth pursuing when you see the minimum, so you would save on your connects for a better job. It also gives you extra free monthly connects which would also help if you are applying for too many jobs since you will exhaust your connects.

You could still job hunt without it if you are in a highly niche space as you will get your jobs proposals seens faster and probably get an interview easier, but if you are like the majority of freelancers and you would need to submit many proposals to get a job, chances are you would need more connects and more data on applying to jobs.

0fbb9d32
Community Member

thanks for your time! 

e66bc6fa
Community Member

Hey thanks for this info.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, it's not worth it.

eleoz
Community Member

Do we have any evidence getting a Plus Plan will help with things like ranking, proposal views and so on? 

I subscribed to a Plus Plan only once and apart from judging the "see the lowest and average bids" feature quite useless, I recall a more steady flow of invitations and having landed a bunch of good ongoing jobs. I then decided to stop my subcription as I no longer was on a hunt.

But I am now questioning whether I should resume it in a quite desperate attempt to get out of the mire of lack of views, invitations, opportunities and so on. 

Eleonora G wrote:

No, it doesn't help with that at all. Many previously successful freelancers (myself included) have seen their views and invitations tank in recent months, but that has nothing to do with whether we're on the Plus plan or not. If it were possible to pay $14/month and get jobs more easily, we would all be using it.

Good to know, Christine!

thanks Christine! this was really helpful

Turns out, as you said, that the Talent Scout program is worthless as well. I don't know how many Upwork employees they pay to be scouts, but I know it's more than one, and that's at least two too many. I think there have been exactly two jobs listed since I got into the program, and they were both illustrator jobs, which to me is not the same at all as graphic design.

Hey Christine,
I am sending proposals to advertisers and am not getting any responses back. Each time its ask for Connections to send a proposal and eventually I am spending like 2 dollars to get 20 connections but till now I didn't get a responses. Is it realy worth it for freelancing stuff in Upwork or anyother platform suggestions?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members