🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » legit or not
Page options
303fd92e
Community Member

legit or not

is **Edited for Community Guidelines** a legitimate company?they asked me to contact via telegram and has offered that after the project completion they would pay directly to my bank account.Is it a scam?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luce-neidert
Community Member

Only scammers ask you to contact them via telegram. Only scammers propose to pay directly to your bank account. Best thing to do is to report this company to Upwork.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
luce-neidert
Community Member

Only scammers ask you to contact them via telegram. Only scammers propose to pay directly to your bank account. Best thing to do is to report this company to Upwork.

elisa_b
Community Member

OKTA is a perfectly legitimate company. But, you know, anybody can claim to be an OKTA representative. 

I would suggest you read carefully the Terms of Service you agreed upon when you registered to Upwork. Or have a look at the zillions of threads on this forum, always asking if Telegram or off-platform payments are legitimate.

Yes of course it's a scam.

NikolaS

Hi Shruti,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client and the job post you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members