🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Get paid" to wrong account number
Page options
garimajain13
Community Member

"Get paid" to wrong account number

Hi, My Transfer from upwork initiated 2 days back. But just now I realized that the bank account number is wrong. What should I do? How I get my Monet back?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Garima,

In this case, your funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you don't receive them here after 8 business days, let me know and our team will assist you further with tracing your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
petra_r
Community Member

Garima J wrote:

Hi, My Transfer from upwork initiated 2 days back. But just now I realized that the bank account number is wrong. What should I do? How I get my Monet back?

It will come back automatically by itself, that tends to take a week or two, sometimes (rarely) longer.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Garima,

In this case, your funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you don't receive them here after 8 business days, let me know and our team will assist you further with tracing your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also made the same action. Is it still possible that the money that was sent to the wrong account will be refunded? 

Hi Kim Emissary,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day! 
This is my first time I get paid. When I withdraw it, I have entered the Card Number instead of my savings account number. What shall be done to get my money back? Thanks!

Hello May Ann,

Thank you for your message. I see that the last withdrawal was made on Jun 15th on your account. This was initiated using the Direct to Local Bank Transfer payment method. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

I hope all is well with you.

Yes, I made a witdrawal but when I checked my saving accountg, I pentered
the card number, not my savings account.

Hoping you could help me out with this.
Thank you.

May Ann

Hi May Ann,

Since you have withdrawn the funds to the wrong account, they should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

That's a relief.
Thank you so much..

May

Automatically the money will be reverse into your upwork account, have patience
6e23d500
Community Member

Hello,

It's been over 2 weeks already but I haven't received the amount that has
been withdrawn to the wrong account number.

I need assistance into this.

hello, did your money reverse back to your Upwork account already? Because I have the same problem. I put my Card Number instead of my Account Number. 😞

I have the same issue. I just want to ask, should I wait for my funds to reversed back to my Upwork Account before edit my payment method or update it?

Hi Joy,

Feel free to update your payment method at any time! This will not affect the reversal process. That said, if 8 business days pass and your funds are not showing in your account yet, please follow up with us so we could assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6e23d500
Community Member

Hello,

It's been over 2 weeks already but the amount that I accidentally withdrawn
to the wrong account number hasn't posted in my upwork account yet.

Need assistance. Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy Anne,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem please, i wrote the rib number instead of IBAN, and already clicked on get paid what can i do please

Hi Boujid,

Since you have withdrawn the funds to the wrong account, they should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Additionally, I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. If you have any further questions please feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

Just wait for 8 working days, it will reverse back in your Upwork account. 🙂

Hi me too I got the same problem but the diffrence is the account I had for the payment got closed can I still have that payment back?

Hi Sim,

Thank you for your message. In case your fund withdrawal was initiated to a wrong or a closed bank account, the funds will be reversed to your Upwork account after 8 business days. If you don't receive them here after 8 business days, feel free to message us here and our team will assist you further with tracing your transaction.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e0602c4e
Community Member

Instead of my savings account number, I used the card number. How can I get my money back? 

petra_r
Community Member

Jessie Villamore V wrote:

Instead of my savings account number, I used the card number. How can I get my money back? 

It will come back automatically all by itself within one to two weeks

e0602c4e
Community Member

Oh, that would be nice! Thanks.

290ed432
Community Member

I have the same problem. This was my first projeect and i got the money today. i clicked get paid but ssoon after realized that i have added the wrong details. can my money come back? 

7bcf4dfe
Community Member

I have the same issue here, can you help me.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you've withdrawn your funds to an incorrect account. If that is the case, the funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
60b5834e
Community Member

I have a similar issue as well, I accidentally sent the money to a one of my bank accounts I no longer want to use because their exchange rates are poor. Please how can I get a refund before it reflects in the account.

60b5834e
Community Member

I have a similar issue as well, I accidentally sent the money to a one of my bank accounts I no longer want to use because their exchange rates are poor. Please how can I get a refund before it reflects in the account.

Hi Lisa,

There is no option to stop or reverse the fund withdrawal initiated on your Upwork account. To prevent this from happening again, please remove any payment methods that you do not want to use anymore. Thank you for your understanding.

- Pradeep

Upwork

HI PradeepH 
Same issue, Wrong Bank account number, I already chat Upwork support, They said, Delete the wrong account then I'll put the correct, But I have some picture or details for that mistake, I hope you can help me. Thanks

Hi Dexter,

I checked and it appears that you were successfully able to add your account for withdrawals. It's currently undergoing security verification and should become active in three days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fe64e84d
Community Member

Hi Luggir! Thanks for your reply, 
Btw  after 3 days will I recieve again my money in upwork or direct on the bank?
Thanks
dexter

fe64e84d
Community Member

Hi Luiggir! 
3 days have passed  I still not recieve my money? what should I do,
Thanks
Dexter

Hi Dexter,

Thank you for your message. It looks like you are referring to the fund withdrawal initiated on Feb 28th from your Upwork account. Please be informed that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members