🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Pending" Status of Milestone (Is it Okay to ...
Page options
khawaja_awais
Community Member

"Pending" Status of Milestone (Is it Okay to work if we trust client?)

One of my Clients updated the contract by adding a new Milestone last week and specified a deadline on Milestone as well. I told her that Milestone is not showing "Active" on my Contract page. She replied that she will check that.  Milestone is still in "Pending" status and she is asking me about the progress of the project.

If the Client is trusted is it okay to start working even if Milestone is "Pending"?  I want to know if anyone else has faced a similar situation and how you deal with such cases?

Thank you!

Best,

Awais

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
paywell
Community Member

Trust is a luxury only those, who don't mind not getting paid can allow themselves.

Just politely ask the client to fund the milestone, so that you may start the work.

P.S. If the client acts "offended" or plays the "urgency card" - feel free to tell them, you opened a support ticket and received an answer, that no work should be started before the milestone is funded. Working for free is against Upwork terms and conditions. 

P.S. I wouldn't even consider this skewing the truth, since this forum is frequently used to ask and receive support - this thread might as well be considered a support ticket. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
paywell
Community Member

Trust is a luxury only those, who don't mind not getting paid can allow themselves.

Just politely ask the client to fund the milestone, so that you may start the work.

P.S. If the client acts "offended" or plays the "urgency card" - feel free to tell them, you opened a support ticket and received an answer, that no work should be started before the milestone is funded. Working for free is against Upwork terms and conditions. 

P.S. I wouldn't even consider this skewing the truth, since this forum is frequently used to ask and receive support - this thread might as well be considered a support ticket. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members