Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

"The Aussie Voice" is dead. Long live "UX/UI designer who is fond of colors and attractive designs"

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
41 of 55

Petra R wrote:

Great job, Upwork. The UX/UI designers were all wiped out Smiley Happy

 

We now have a gaggle of Canadian React/Vue/Angular etc peeps. 49 and counting.

 

(1 is genuine. The rest are not)

 


They didn't even bother to remove these fake profiles. At the time I'm writing this, the same ones that you saw are still here. Sometimes I even wonder if they just let them in to inflate their figures so their quarterly report looks better.

 

 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
42 of 55

Rene K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Great job, Upwork. The UX/UI designers were all wiped out Smiley Happy

 

We now have a gaggle of Canadian React/Vue/Angular etc peeps. 49 and counting.

 

(1 is genuine. The rest are not)

 


They didn't even bother to remove these fake profiles. At the time I'm writing this, the same ones that you saw are still here.


All 49?

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
43 of 55

Yep!

All still there.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
44 of 55

It seems that the current price for an Upwork profile approval is $40 on the black market:

 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 

How they do that? They just use the back doors that Upwork is leaving ajar for them.

 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
45 of 55

Rene K wrote:

It seems that the current price for an Upwork profile approval is $40 on the black market:


Supply and demand...

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
46 of 55

They have already done cleaning.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
47 of 55

Maria T wrote:

They have already done cleaning.


Great. That was quick and decisive, and they actually managed to spare the one that is genuine... I was worried about him!

 

HOWEVER: The ones we stumble across by accident are just the tip(s) of the iceberg(s) - and lobbing tips of icebergs does not solve the actual problem, it just (occasionally) removes the visible symptoms.

 

It is time to stop letting in any new freelancers, or letting in more than can be manually and competently checked. That would solve the problem of the mass generated profiles that are sitting there waiting for eager buyers.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
48 of 55

I would ask for a deposit. To have your account approved, you would need to make a deposit. The deposit would be refunded to you upon completion of your first job on the platform, or if you delete your profile, whichever comes first.

 

In case the profile is approved and it is noticed afterwards that it contains blatantly false information, the profile would be banned and the deposit kept by Upwork.

 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
49 of 55

Rene K wrote:

I would ask for a deposit. To have your account approved, you would need to make a deposit. The deposit would be refunded to you upon completion of your first job on the platform, or if you delete your profile, whichever comes first.

 

In case the profile is approved and it is noticed afterwards that it contains blatantly false information, the profile would be banned and the deposit kept by Upwork.


And what will happen with those that manage to get hired despite their fake profile?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
50 of 55

Jennifer R wrote:

 

In case the profile is approved and it is noticed afterwards that it contains blatantly false information, the profile would be banned and the deposit kept by Upwork.


And what will happen with those that manage to get hired despite their fake profile?


The previous paragraph addresses this.

 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS