🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » upwork client is in telegram
Page options
98d2c156
Community Member

upwork client is in telegram

Hi,

someone texted me in the Telegram profit factory company and they asked us to do pdf work and then I know about the scam can you help me with this I'm attaching some proofs that they sent me also can anyone explain to me about the CCICC code, can anyone reply me asap

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I know about the scam. Can you help me?"

You already know this is a scam.

Why are you asking for help?

You don't need help.

re: "with this I'm attaching some proofs that they sent me also can anyone explain to me about the CCICC code"

We all know this is a scam.

You don't need to send proofs.

re: "can anyone reply me asap"

You want help as soon as possible?
Why?

If you would like to ask questions about this scam, here in the Forum, you may do that.

But this is NOT urgent. You do NOT need help. Nobody needs to explain anything to you.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
yofazza
Community Member

It's a scam.

More scams

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I know about the scam. Can you help me?"

You already know this is a scam.

Why are you asking for help?

You don't need help.

re: "with this I'm attaching some proofs that they sent me also can anyone explain to me about the CCICC code"

We all know this is a scam.

You don't need to send proofs.

re: "can anyone reply me asap"

You want help as soon as possible?
Why?

If you would like to ask questions about this scam, here in the Forum, you may do that.

But this is NOT urgent. You do NOT need help. Nobody needs to explain anything to you.

Thank you for your solution I got clear and I think there is so much scam going in Upwork how can we avoid that

You can avoid it by not breaking the rules. You should never have agreed to speak with this client on Telegram in the first place, and you should never have agreed to be paid outside of Upwork - you could get your account banned for doing that.

Even if she didn't actually need help at the moment, it would be better if Upwork regulated clients the same way they do with contractors. Sometimes when it's a scam, they don't even give you time to report the job, they immediately delete the posting but continue active on Upwork and contractors use their connects for applying to those jobs (obviously without knowing it's a scam). So I think it's great she mentioned it.  

yes, mam but also Upwork needs to take action against these kinds of scams I saw so many Jobs post but most of them are scams. I'm getting confused about whether I can continue with Upwork or not 

Anu P wrote:

I'm getting confused about whether I can continue with Upwork or not 

Nobody is going to hire a graphic designer who has barely any profile description, no portfolio, and a rate of $100/hour. If you don't fix these things, there isn't much point in contining to use Upwork, because you will only attract scammers.

yes, I did fix the profile mam and I didn't know about the basic things because I opened the account 2 days back now I think I can find a job. thankyou for letting me know the issues 

You need to go to the Academy and learn before you are scammed. Your profile still needs work.

Jacqueline Maricel M wrote:

Sometimes when it's a scam, they don't even give you time to report the job, they immediately delete the posting but continue active on Upwork and contractors use their connects for applying to those jobs (obviously without knowing it's a scam). 

What are you talking about? If the post is deleted, people cannot continue to apply. And if the job is taken down as a scam, everyone's connects are refunded.

If the post is deleted by Upwork because they determine that is breaking the rules, you are refunded, yes.* But if the post is deleted/closed by the person that posted the job, you cannot report it or get refunded, and since they haven't been reported, they can continue active on Upwork and create new postings. Sometimes it's pretty clear it's a scam, but in others, the rate is normal, and that's why people apply for the jobs. 

If the client closes/deletes their own post without hiring, then you do get your connects back. And Upwork does ban scammers, but there's nothing to stop them from coming back with a different email address; this is true whether you report them or not.

Yes, I saw the same scamming post again, and people are applying there. I did flag the post; in fact, there were so many posts, but what you said was correct; we can't stop them.

niyazrs
Community Member

Same i also got the same scam for the pdf to Ms word convert

IMG_20230526_234001_555.JPG

5c2a776d
Community Member

is this true or fake 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohameth,

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. Additionally, accepting payments outside of Upwork is considered Circumvention and is also against the rules.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please flag them as inappropriate so the team can investigate them further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members