🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile feedback please !
Page options
muskanz5
Community Member

Profile feedback please !

I will be really grateful if smeone can take some time out to review my profile and suggest as to how can I increase my reach and get more work. Thank you so much!

Link to my profile: https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1980145

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Muskan,

A good profile is only part of what is needed to get more work on Upwork. Writing good proposals is also part of it, but there are many other factors beyond the control of freelancers. The only thing we (freelancers) can control is our profiles and proposals/cover letters.

I looked at your profile and I have a few recommendations to make it more appealing to clients:

Hourly Rate: Even though you only have two years of professional experience, I think your rate is a bit too low. Many software developers based in India with 5-10 years of experience are between $15.00/hr - $35.00/hr. I think your rate should be closer to $12.00/hr - $15.00/hr.

Title: I think your title should use "developer" or "engineer," but not both. In fact, I suggest using Upwork's skill category: Software Development or Software Developer

Overview/Summary: Your summary sounds good, but you can optimize the first part by removing this:

"Hi there! I'm Muskan"

Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You do not want to waste space using greetings and names; especially since clients can already see your name displayed on your profile.

Skills: Be sure to add Software Development to your skills list. Upwork no longer has "software engineering" as a skill category, but you want to make sure Software Development is there. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Project Catalog: You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific software engineering services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Hi Muskan,

A good profile is only part of what is needed to get more work on Upwork. Writing good proposals is also part of it, but there are many other factors beyond the control of freelancers. The only thing we (freelancers) can control is our profiles and proposals/cover letters.

I looked at your profile and I have a few recommendations to make it more appealing to clients:

Hourly Rate: Even though you only have two years of professional experience, I think your rate is a bit too low. Many software developers based in India with 5-10 years of experience are between $15.00/hr - $35.00/hr. I think your rate should be closer to $12.00/hr - $15.00/hr.

Title: I think your title should use "developer" or "engineer," but not both. In fact, I suggest using Upwork's skill category: Software Development or Software Developer

Overview/Summary: Your summary sounds good, but you can optimize the first part by removing this:

"Hi there! I'm Muskan"

Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You do not want to waste space using greetings and names; especially since clients can already see your name displayed on your profile.

Skills: Be sure to add Software Development to your skills list. Upwork no longer has "software engineering" as a skill category, but you want to make sure Software Development is there. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Project Catalog: You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific software engineering services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths