๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Profile Feedback ยป ๐ŸŒŸ Seeking Feedback for My New Upwork Account...
Page options
1d0a87e7
Community Member

๐ŸŒŸ Seeking Feedback for My New Upwork Account! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to announce the launch of my new Upwork account as a virtual assistant! ๐Ÿ‘‹ As I embark on this journey, I'm eager to gather feedback from the Upwork community to ensure I'm providing the best possible service to my clients.

Here's the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018df1ae13c1e981ab?mp_source=share

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to review my profile and provide any feedback or suggestions you may have. Whether it's regarding my profile description, skills, portfolio items, or anything else you think could be improved, your insights would be invaluable to me.

Your feedback will not only help me refine my profile but also enhance my ability to meet the needs of potential clients and deliver exceptional service. I'm committed to continuous improvement and creating positive experiences for my clients, and your input will play a vital role in this process.

Thank you in advance for your time and support! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and incorporating your feedback into my journey as a virtual assistant on Upwork.

Best regards, Sara

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hello Sara,

Here are my suggestions:

1) Use an even number hourly rate that ends in .00. Round numbers are usually perceived as neater, clearer, and easily understandable by consumers. I believe either $8.00/hr or $9.00/hr will be more appealing to clients, and perceived as more trustworthy or fair.

2) Remove this from the beginning of your overview/summary: "(:glowing_star:) Welcome! I'm Sara."  Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to immediately see their goals (your services and successes) in this small space. You don't want to waste any space on greetings and names.

The remainder of your summary sounds great, and your portfolio, skills, and employment history look great.

3) You use the term "virtual personal assistant" in your title and summary, which is fine. However, clients often search by typing "virtual assistant" or "virtual assistance," and Upwork's skill category is called Virtual Assistance. If possible, consider adding Virtual Assistance to your skills list. We are allowed only 15 skills, so you will have to remove one if you add Virtual Assistance. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and you want to make sure you're found for Virtual Assistance, in addition to the other relevant skill categories you have in your skills list.

4) You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on a specific virtual assistance/administrative service or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

5) You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

1d0a87e7
Community Member

Thank you so much for your time, this is really helful.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths