🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with Job Search
Page options

Issue with Job Search

Hi all,

Some of you may be experiencing issues with your search results at the moment. This may include Advanced and Saved Searches. Please know that our engineers are investigating and working on a fix as soon as possible. 

Edited to update information. 01/19/2024 

I would like to let you know that the issue with the Advanced Search and Saved Searches should now resolved. If you need further assistance please let us know Support Forum and we will be happy to help. 

15 Comments
peterschwoerer
Community Member

What the heck is going on with your search functions! Here are a few issues.

- I created a couple of searches months ago that were working. Now when I click on the search it will show the first page and when I click "Next" the page goes blank. If I click the previous page on the browser I can get to the next page.

- I tried creating a new search and if I use boolean function "OR" in the search bar and then look at the advance search all the words are listed in all of these words versus any of these words. If I try and creat a search directly in the advance function the same issue happens.

- another issue is after you conduct a search and change the view from 10 to 50, again the screen goes blank, WTF?

NikolaS

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still seeing it on your end? 

If the issue persists please share screenshots from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. 

728acc73
Community Member

Searching for jobs has been virtually impossible for me for the past couple of weeks, at least on upwork.com/nx/search/jobs (upwork.com/nx/find-work mostly works fine). Here's a list of issues that came with the recent updates. Frankly, I'm impressed someone was even able to introduce them in the first place.

1. Some of my saved searches with search operators are completely broken. When searching, the engine inexplicably changes their syntax, either right away or when I go to page two of the results.

2. When I'm trying to get out of such a broken search and try to enter different keywords into the search bar, the engine just keeps refreshing the current search. The only fix is to go back to upwork.com/nx/find-work and launch a new search from there.

3. Accessing saved searches is now impossible when searching via upwork.com/nx/search/jobs, I can only create a new saved search. Why? Who does this serve?

4. There is now no option to view the whole contents of a job posting, as the "more" button has been removed. Again, why would you do that? And inexplicably, the button is still available when browsing search results via upwork.com/nx/find-work.

To any mod reading this, please escalate, this has been going on for way too long now, and it's an absolutely essential feature from the freelancers' point of view, I don't think I need to explain this.

NikolaS

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

939d6ebc
Community Member

i have the same issue..

10e94a11
Community Member

Hello,
Similar behavior as Peter S. When you search and use pagination with numbers or "Next" two or three times, then it shows "There are not results that match your search".
I tested in Chrome and Edge.
It's really difficult to work in this way. This problem is there since several days ago.

Thank you

Regards,

Luis R.

peterschwoerer
Community Member

As others have said i have cleared cache, tried different browser here is a step by step on how to create. The problem occurs when you try and limit seach to US Only. We can not work this way!

Step 1: Start Search

Perform a search in the search bar of Conference OR Event

peterschwoerer_0-1704907342931.png

Step 2: Search Results

peterschwoerer_1-1704907342939.png

Step 3: View of Advance Search after doing search

peterschwoerer_2-1704907342945.png

Step4: Select US Only and then look at advance search again, the search pattern is now in all these words

peterschwoerer_3-1704907342951.png

ac35625d
Community Member

Please solve what is the issue with submit proposal page. I cannot able to submit proposals. when i click on apply button,  submit proposal still loading. 

ac35625d_0-1705471391066.png

9bd20ba5
Community Member

Siden ku heli kara Shaqo Ama Aan ula Falgali loo shaqeyaha

1d973682
Community Member

Hey Upwork what's the Update with this Issue ?

Things on my side are getting a little bit crazy here. I have been seeing the same job posts since morning regardless of how I search and tweak with the filter.

All the jobs that am seeing have been posted 3 hours and 5 hours and some two weeks ago, even the number of proposals are not changing, just the same.

Kindly Update us please.