🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ACADEMY COURSES (LEARNING PATH)
Page options
7303b839
Community Member

ACADEMY COURSES (LEARNING PATH)

Hi everyone. 

I would like to know how beneficial these courses/badges are to enhancing your profile visibility. 

Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Absolutely no benefit at all. 

I see you have taken some courses and already applied what you learned, that is good!

As for accounting - you don't specify for which countries you are certified or have the relevant tax/accounting knowledge. How do you keep up-to-date with newest tax code changes? How do you overcome the challenge that much of that information is only available in the local language?

I would consider it very very unlikely that a client will give you access to their ERP systems. That would be unwise from the client's perspective. 

So you need to find a way to work around these obstacles to find jobs or provide other services that don't require access to sensitive accounting systems. 

If you have many jobs on your profile, you might get clients to trust you that much, but not at the beginning.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Absolutely no benefit at all. 

I see you have taken some courses and already applied what you learned, that is good!

As for accounting - you don't specify for which countries you are certified or have the relevant tax/accounting knowledge. How do you keep up-to-date with newest tax code changes? How do you overcome the challenge that much of that information is only available in the local language?

I would consider it very very unlikely that a client will give you access to their ERP systems. That would be unwise from the client's perspective. 

So you need to find a way to work around these obstacles to find jobs or provide other services that don't require access to sensitive accounting systems. 

If you have many jobs on your profile, you might get clients to trust you that much, but not at the beginning.

thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

8e8f6428
Community Member

The audio experience was not a smooth one for me. It was mute all through, except for the topics on Upwork Safety Terms and Policies. I suggest Upwork runs both the transcript and audio of videos for members to select their preference. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths