🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Acceptance of my proposal
Page options
ayesha-kalim
Community Member

Acceptance of my proposal

Hi fellows, I am new to upwork. 

I have been recently offered a job through upwork, and I have submitted a comprehensive proposal to my client. Its more than 2 days. My question is how I will be notified that my proposal is accepted? How long it usually takes a client to respond to the proposal? 

Is there anything special I need to do, or just wait for them to respond to my proposal? 

Need your guidance. Thanks in anticipation. 

6 REPLIES 6
menna-rashwan
Community Member

Hello Ayesha,

Many freelancers apply to the same jobs at the same time

after submitting a proposal, the client will review all the profiles and all the proposals 

then, he will interview the best freelancer to do the job

so don't wait for a reply from him. instead, try and apply for many jobs to order to increase your chance to be interviewed 

Best of luck, 

Menna Rashwan

I submited seven proposals. Then permission of submit proposals are stop. In this proposals two was achieved. Then for submit proposals, say buy contant. After nine days or present I am eritet .
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If you have been offered a job, and accepted that offer, you have a contract.

If you have received an invitation and submitted a proposal, you don't have a contract.

You seem to be mixing up the two things. 

If the second and applies, and you have not heard from the client, you can, if you want, ask him in a few days, if he is interested in your proposal. Or you can keep checking the job for any hirings. 

As you seem to be unsure, you probably don't have a contract. 

What I would do? Not contact the client. The ball is in his court, he will decide on who to hire, or maybe never hire anyone at all. 

colettelewis
Community Member

@Ayesha K wrote:

I have been recently offered a job through upwork, and I have submitted a comprehensive proposal to my client. Its more than 2 days. My question is how I will be notified that my proposal is accepted? How long it usually takes a client to respond to the proposal? 

Is there anything special I need to do, or just wait for them to respond to my proposal? 

Ayeeshah,

Once you have accepted an invitation to interview and sent your proposal, wait until the client contacts you. Sometimes they respond immediately; sometimes you might hear from them two weeks (or more) down the line, and sometimes you will never hear back from them at all! 

For this invitation if you were invited Friday, then the weekend intervened, so the client might only be checking the proposals today.  Whatever the case, don't follow up unless the the client contacts you again.

kat303
Community Member

@Ayesha K wrote:

Sometimes a client will respond within a few hours, sometimes, a week or so and some never respond back. Never "sit" and wait for any response. Submit proposals and move on. 

If your proposal was accepted you will receive notification of an OFFER, which will be displayed on your home page. You can either accept that offer or decline that offer. If you accept it, then you'll have an active contract which will be displayed under My Jobs.

Since you are new. a few words of caution. Before accepting ANY offer make sure all questions, details, additional information and materials are show/told to you. Make sure the clients account is verified and make sure escrow (if it's a fixed rate job) is FULLY funded either for the entire job or for each milestone as they come up Before you start working.

Also, be careful of scammers. Scammers look for new freelancers. I would be very careful, since you are new, of any contacts, offers or interviews you get that you Didn't submit a proposal to first. Also, any mention of Google Hangouts = scam. 

7cc88a2e
Community Member

In other words, seems like members of the community are concluding jobs around here may not be so reliable.

The question nobody is answering, do we get email notifications incase we given an offer or do have to remain glued at upwork user interface

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths