🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Automatic contract cancel
Page options
saad-jamal
Community Member

Automatic contract cancel

Hi, I have a long-term client. He activated a milestone worth 700 USD back in Nov 2022 but was not able to give files due to some problems going on his end. He though told me he will resume for sure. Now today the contract got automatically canceled and a refund request is generated.

I talked to my client about this he said he didn't cancel it in fact Upwork app canceled it. Now how can I proceed without dispute? Even if i approve the refund request it would affect my profile standing when I was never at fault?

Can you please assist?

Looking forward for the reply

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Saad, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a Contract ID for the contract you are referring to? You can find the Contract ID by clicking on the name of the contract, navigating to the Details tab and clicking "Show More.".

~ Nikola
Upwork

27238291 This is the contract id Nikola S

Hi Nikola can you tell me what can be the next course of action?

Hi Saad,

Fixed-price contracts with money in escrow and no activity for 90 days are considered “dormant,” and the funds in escrow are released. This prevents money from being held in escrow for too long. 

If an account does become dormant, we will follow the process outlined in section 4 of the Fixed Price Service Contract Escrow Instructions in Upwork’s Terms of Service.

If you and the client wish to proceed to work on the project, you can create a new contract. If you're referring to your JSS being affected, that only depends on the client when they leave feedback.

~ AJ
Upwork

okay Thank You

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths