🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I create client account with same credent...
Page options
nawazish-hassan
Community Member

Can I create client account with same credential's of my profile as freelancer?

So few days back I saw this "create client account" within my profile of freelancing, I am not able to find that option, totally forgot where it was! Anyhow can I make client account with same email and name that I use for my verified freelancing profile? if so can I pay from my freelancing balance amount? my client profile will be visilble on my freelancing profile? My clients can see that?

I know these are very basic questions but I would love to hear the answers!

Thanks! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nawazish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

You can add a client account if you'd like to hire others:

• Go to Settings  Contact Info and choose the Create New Account button in the second section
  • Choose New Client Account
  • Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

You can find more information in this help article

I would like to clarify that you can use the same name and email address for your client account as on your freelancer account. However, please know that you can not use funds from your freelancer account on your client account. 

Before engaging a freelancer or agency, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Nawazish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

You can add a client account if you'd like to hire others:

• Go to Settings  Contact Info and choose the Create New Account button in the second section
  • Choose New Client Account
  • Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

You can find more information in this help article

I would like to clarify that you can use the same name and email address for your client account as on your freelancer account. However, please know that you can not use funds from your freelancer account on your client account. 

Before engaging a freelancer or agency, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ftmsdq
Community Member

Can payoneer be use as a payment method for client account?

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for your question. Payoneer is not currently supported as a billing method for Upwork clients. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on billing methods, please check this help article.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths