🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't Upload my samples in a proposal
Page options
7405e2f4
Community Member

Can't Upload my samples in a proposal

Hello, I am new to for about two to three months. During my early days on Upwork things were going smoothly. Until now I can't upload my samples in a proposal to my potential clients. It's always telling me "Upload Failed". Both in the app and in the web version of this platform. Please can anyone help me with this. It's a pain in the ass.

Screenshot_20220614-085258.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jhamilton1
Community Member

Hi Emmanuel,

There's an easy fix for this: upload your samples to your own personal Google Drive folder, then include Share links to each sample piece in your job proposal.

Clients actually prefer this anyway, because it means they don't have to download any files. They can just view your sample and decide whether they like it or not.

To create your share link, click on File > Share > Share with others — then make sure you change the permissions to "Anyone with the link can view".

Hope this helps!

Jim

P.S: I got this tip from The Gig, a free daily newsletter for digital freelancers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
759e32fa

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have been facing the same issue for the past week. Every time I tried to upload a file, I get an "upload failed" response. Can you please help with this? Thank you. 

Hi Oluwafemi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
jhamilton1
Community Member

Hi Emmanuel,

There's an easy fix for this: upload your samples to your own personal Google Drive folder, then include Share links to each sample piece in your job proposal.

Clients actually prefer this anyway, because it means they don't have to download any files. They can just view your sample and decide whether they like it or not.

To create your share link, click on File > Share > Share with others — then make sure you change the permissions to "Anyone with the link can view".

Hope this helps!

Jim

P.S: I got this tip from The Gig, a free daily newsletter for digital freelancers.

Thanks so much for the help 

10af669a
Community Member

Hi,

Please I'm also going through the same issue. I need help.

Oluwafemi I wrote:

Hi,

Oluwafemi I wrote:

Hi,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths