🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client Wants money back
Page options
dd7ccecf
Community Member

Client Wants money back

Hi, I am new to Upwork. I recently did work for a client in Poland. He asked me to train a model. After labeling the data I talked to him and told him that the data is quite poor and accuracy would be low. He canceled the contract and refuses to pay for labeling data. I raised a dispute and now he is threatening to sue me. Should I worry? What should I do? He is asking me to cancel the dispute otherwise he will sue me.

Contract was for $150.

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I see that you have already raised a dispute for this contract. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Please add the screenshot of threats from the client on the same ticket so that the team can investigate this further. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep!

good day! I am having a similar concern about a client wanting to seek legal advise against me regarding a payment that was issued to my bank. The client said that he wants refund for the money that was deposited in my account. My client is from the US and said that he get in touch with a legal counsel in our city in the philippines

Hi Nathaniel,

I checked your account and I do not see any active contract on your Upwork profile. If this is related to the last ended contract, I advise you to communicate with your client and reach a mutual agreement. It is important to maintain a good relationship with your clients and resolve any issues amicably. You can refer to this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
dd7ccecf
Community Member

Sure. I will

dd7ccecf
Community Member

I request Upwork not to share any personal information with such persons.

Noone will sue for $150. Don't worry. It's a bluff.

a0d66ec2
Community Member

I don't think you should worry. Suing you would cost them a lot of time, money, and effort. I think they're letting their emotions get the best of them!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths