🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client ended the project suddenly without tal...
Page options
6ab4ee12
Community Member

Client ended the project suddenly without talking and left me with 3 stars.

Hello guys, I need some help as I am worried. I am new to upwork and I found a job in the first week. Client wanted me to gather research articles and relevent information about a drug on an urgent basis. I accepted the job, worked continously for 12 hours, talked to my client in between. I kept showing him my work and followed the few notes he had. He said he likes it and that he will explain me next task on zoom torrorow. I was waiting for his zoom but he ended the project instead, without any communication or anything. I tried reaching him all 15 days so that i can talk to him about the issue. My friends told me to give him bad rating (honest) in this case, and report him, but i didn't want to do anything extreme before talking to him and on my first job. Now he gave me 3 stars, even when He went unresponsive and i did all the work like he wanted. I tried to reach him but he never replied back. I am worried as I am not getting any jobs after this. Tell me what I can do?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adeeba:
You have a LOT to offer.

That is why you will get jobs and succeed on Upwork.

What you need to understand is that clients DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU.

They care about themselves.

And they care about their projects.

You are overly worried about a SINGLE job that had a middling review.

That's about you.

But clients care about getting the kind of help that YOU can provide them.

Focus on what you can do for clients. When you send clients a proposal, tell them how you will help them with their goals.

That's what matters to them. Far more than reviews of past jobs on your profile page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I agree honest feedback is always best, but it's too late for that now. 

Nothing you can do at this point. 

So how will I get jobs now? 😞 

Adeeba:
You have a LOT to offer.

That is why you will get jobs and succeed on Upwork.

What you need to understand is that clients DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU.

They care about themselves.

And they care about their projects.

You are overly worried about a SINGLE job that had a middling review.

That's about you.

But clients care about getting the kind of help that YOU can provide them.

Focus on what you can do for clients. When you send clients a proposal, tell them how you will help them with their goals.

That's what matters to them. Far more than reviews of past jobs on your profile page.

Thank you so much Preston for your kind advice.  I will definately work on this. I have never had any issue with any client before this. My clients always love my work and my attitude. I was working locally before upwork. I hope things will take a good turn for me. Thanks again 🙂

58feaef8
Community Member

Dear Adeeba, 

"The road is long with many a winding turn."

Many years ago I used to work for a high tech start-up and was in charge of the Amazon seller account. One day someone in New York left one of the most vicious reviews I have ever seen on Amazon and I was sick to my stomach. He was attacking not only the product but the entire company. I thought that was the end of my career. I thought no one was going to buy from our company anymore. But I was wrong. The sale was going strong and his hateful review didn't make the customers walk away. Soon the bitter review was drowned by many great reviews, from kind hearted customers who truly valued our product.  

I hope my story brings you a little bit of comfort. Please believe in yourself and let yourself shine, like a star.

Warm regards,

Yi 

Dear Yi,

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story with me. It really helped me with my worries.  I will keep working hard to get more jobs and complete them efficiently so one messed up review will not matter. 

I am really grateful for your sweet words. Stay blessed.

Regards,

Adeeba

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths