🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client wants me to email them for interview
Page options
2cab0b1a
Community Member

Client wants me to email them for interview

Hi everyone, 

So I'm new to upwork and this is the first message to interview that I've ever received since I started my upwork last month. However, when I was reviewing the message they used to reach out to me, this part stuck out to me 

"The interview starts from 9 AM - 10 PM EST and include “Entry Code: GT-003” in your email message to the project manager. Looking forward to your response.

Project Manager: [Redacted]

Email: [Redacted]"

I am aware that you should not be exchanging emails with the client before the contract, so I'm not sure if I should say something about this, or if this is allowed somehow. What do you think?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's not allowed. Tell them that they can interview you using the Upwork integrated Zoom function; if they still refuse, report them.

As a new freelancer, you can pretty much assume that any direct request you get will be from a scammer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's not allowed. Tell them that they can interview you using the Upwork integrated Zoom function; if they still refuse, report them.

As a new freelancer, you can pretty much assume that any direct request you get will be from a scammer.

2cab0b1a
Community Member

Thank you Christine, I appreciate it!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths