🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Complaint against dubious clients and probabl...
Page options
01b02818
Community Member

Complaint against dubious clients and probable way forward

Hey there,

I just started freelancing on Upwork a couple of days ago. I discovered some of the jobs I submitted proposals for were removed because the clients didn't meet Terms of Service. And two of other clients that messaged me on Upwork demanded that I should contacted them on Whatsapp or telegram, which I immediately sensed they ain't genuine. 

Maybe, Upwork should be receiving all job posts by clients and be screening them properly before Upwork should display them to us freelancers.

Or better still, Upwork should be distributing the already well-screened jobs to each and every one of us freelancers evenly. So much that even if you join Upwork today as a freelancer you'll see job to do and make good money.

Thanks.

Best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Everybody can see all posted jobs, so they are distributed evenly. 

rozerhl
Community Member

Its free for freelancers and clients to sign up and start using the platform. One of the main part of the terms of service is that you as a client or a freelancer should not take conversation outside of upwork. You should not offer to do so, nor should you accept it when someone asks you. Upwork does screen all jobs but you can understand that it is impossible to screen all of them at once because there are a lot of jobs posted every minute. Jobs that do not meet the TOS, are eventually removed, and it may take upto 48 hours for it happen. If you want it to happen sooner, it is best to flag such jobs so that it can be reviewed right away.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There aren't enough jobs for all of the people who want to be freelancers. Upwork isn't going to just hand you one, nor screen clients for you. It sounds like you'd be happier working in a full time job instead of trying to run your own business. And if you've got an engineering degree and can do 3D modelling, why isn't that listed as your main skill, instead of typing? Anyone can type, so it's extremely difficult to get that kind of work. 

01b02818
Community Member

Hey there,

No, I didn't get the answer that I needed.

The thing is, you need to find lasting solution to clients telling freelancers to contact them on Whatsapp or telegram, period.

I have had like 3 of such clients in like two days, yesterday and today.

The thing is, you need to, because it's quitessential, to SCREEN the CLIENTS and their job postings. We freelancers do not have to see the "UNSCREENED job postings".

The screening has to be by YOU (Upwork) confirming their work or job, and the money (full or part payments)  they want to pay for the job should be deposited with YOU (Upwork). 

And just after the (whole or part of the) work or job and the money (full or part payments) are already with you, then and only then must YOU (Upwork), but not THEM (clients), post the jobs for US (freelancers) to see.

It's only then that YOU (Upwork) too can have a rapid organic growth and have over a TRILLION dollars VALUATION like Tesla inc, Google, Microsoft, etc, all because of YOUR (Upwork) trust, credibility, reliability, etc.

Please, do this on time to always make everyone (Upwork, every client, and every freelancer) happy always!

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths