🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contact outside UpWork
Page options
1b4b63d0
Community Member

Contact outside UpWork

Today I submitted a proposal and got a message asking me to contact the client using Telegram. I replied whether we could discuss the project using the platform chat and he just answered I could back up. I flagged the job proposal and left a message for team managers. 

Was I right?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martha, 

That was the correct move. Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract has started is not allowed. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martha, 

That was the correct move. Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract has started is not allowed. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

~ Avery
Upwork
1b4b63d0
Community Member

Thanks for your feedback Avery.

I have already read some of the articles you mentioned and I checked the Terms of Service before flagging the job. It violates section 7.2.

Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths