🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract fees
Page options
69072ceb
Community Member

Contract fees

Hello,

I've got 3 open hourly contracts (A, B, C). Based on my transations history, see summary below:

A: charged for, active (currently recording hours)

B: charged for, inactive (not currently recording hours)

C: not charged for, inactive (not currently recording hours)

Based on the above, I'm a bit confused on upwork charging system. 

Ultimately, I've got a key question. Generally speaking, does Upwork charge me for open inactive contracts?

Thanks,

Antonio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Antonio,

Our Freelancer service fee is applied only on your earnings when your client billed. You will not be charged anything for your inactive contracts.
To learn more about our Freelancer service fee, check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here with additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Antonio,

Our Freelancer service fee is applied only on your earnings when your client billed. You will not be charged anything for your inactive contracts.
To learn more about our Freelancer service fee, check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here with additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Well, that does not seem to be the case as I'm currently being charged VAT and hourly service fee for an inactive contract (not earned anything since end of December). 

Could you please advise on that?

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your contract and the charges you`re referring to so that I can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sorry Goran. After cross checking my transactions history debits and credits, I realise you are right! 😛

So no issue! thanks a lot!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths