🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » DOB Change
Page options
designer_amina
Community Member

DOB Change

I wrote the wrong date of birth on my account and now I need to verify my identity. I have a different date of birth on my ID card. I need to change my Date of birth

23 REPLIES 23
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your date of birth. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok sir thank you 

I have been waiting for three days but you have not solved my problem yet..please help as soon as possible

Hi Amina,

I am sorry for the confusion we caused in our previous post. I checked and you will be able to insert the correct details during your verification process. Please refer to this ticket so that our team can assist you further with receiving ID Badge. 

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I have same problem. What should I do?

Hi Md Shamiul,

Please proceed with your verification as per our team's instructions in your support ticket. During the process of uploading your ID, you will be able to insert the correct DOB details.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, Goran!

I think I also have the same problem. I'm not sure if I'm entered the wrong date but I might be. Because Upwork doesn't have the option to view my birthdate in the account I wanted to make sure that I won't have any problem later. Can you also please help me with that situation?

Hi Maskat,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

It's very puzzling that people cannot seem to remember their own birthdates and would enter it incorrectly. 

Hi Luiggi!

I recently got contacted by one of the moderators to help me with that problem but then she stopped responding. What should I do now? I need to verify my account in a few days and I still don't know if I mentioned the right birthday when I was registering. Because Upwork doesn't have an option to check my birthdate in my account, I'm asking your help.

Hi Maksat,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey, everyone! I recently got an invitation from Upwork to confirm my Identity. Now, I don't have any problem with making it happen. I have my ID by my side and I can register for an Upwork interview at any time during a day. However, I feel a little scared for the fact that I can't see my birthdate information in my account. I don't remember what birthdate I chose for myself when I was registering on Upwork. I may choose the right one, may not accidentally. Of course, I'm older than 18 and I'm eligible to work here. But my question is that will I get into trouble if my birthdate in my account won't match my birthdate on my ID?

Thanks

Maksat A wrote:

But my question is that will I get into trouble if my birthdate in my account won't match my birthdate on my ID?

Of course, any lies involving the data you originally entered is "a problem".

It's a bit difficult to "accidentally" enter a false date. If you hadn't done it deliberately, you would not even think that it possibly be an issue.

I can argue with you about that. My friend introduced me to the Upwork a few months ago and when I was registering I wasn't sure that I would work here. Usually when I register on the new websites that require my personal information, I either put my real date or I just put something random because I know that I can change it later in the settings. I didn't know that you can't change birthdate later in the settings. As I said before I wasn't sure if Upwork will become my main source of income, now I realized that I can find great clients for my projects here. I wanted to create a new account and enter my birthdate correctly (if I did it wrong, still not sure) but according to rules of Upwork you can only create one account for yourself. So that led me to only one reason is to ask people on the platform "What do they think" and that's why I'm here now. Thankfully my other information such as : name, last name and payment methods were entered by me correctly. Please don't judge someone if you don't know the whole situation.

I have the same problem and I can't reach anyone for help or submit a request or a ticcket

What should i do?? 

Hi Mohamed,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
malik-aadil
Community Member

i am same problem kindly help me

Hi Adil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your date of birth. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Respected Sir,

I am facing the same problem as this lad. I randomly entered my date and now I dont remmember it. Because I thought I can change it later. I didnt realized that it was that important because My teammate introtuced it to me two weeks ago. Upwork is showing "Your services on hold" What this means and how to resolve it.
Thank You

Hi Hassan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gordan! 
I hope you are doing well. Whats the procedure to change the DOB? Because the DOB I added in my Upwork account is different from my NIC. And for verification I must have it right.
Thank You

ddd28a02
Community Member

Have the same problem
I set wrong DOB on registration

38aa90c2
Community Member

Hi, Can you please help me to update DOB in my profile? Entered incorrect DOB

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths