🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Didn't get Rising Talent badge yet
Page options
iasadawan
Community Member

Didn't get Rising Talent badge yet

Rising Talent Badge.
Hello, I am Asad Awan and username is (iasadawan). I am expert graphic designer with more than 8 years in graphic designing field I have made my account 30 days ago and in these 30 days I have completed 2 jobs and 4 jobs are in active contracts, I have passed the readiness test, completed 100% profile and all the requirements of rising talent badge but yet I haven't receive any badge from upwork's, and there are people around who haven't completed a single job and yet recieve a badge of upwork rising talent, what should I do now to get rising talent badge?

8 REPLIES 8
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Asad,

New freelancers who qualify to become Rising Talent are invited to the program via email. If you received an invite, you can follow the link in your email invitation to take the Upwork Readiness Test and complete your enrollment in the Rising Talent program.

While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers are added to the program once they qualify and meet the criteria below.

As Rising Talent, you must

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
~ Riri

Hi Riri,

I too believe I have met the requirements for the badge and see no activity in my account that leads me to believe it is coming so I need a bit more information from you.  Is it the case that there is a waiting period for a person to verify or process to run to make the badge come alive?

Since you have in your system a slider that shows portfolio competeness, could you build in something similar for this badge?

And a new topic - I know I should start a new thread but - on my stats page I see "Clients who would recommend you" (it is a dash): what is this?  I have a successful project under my belt in which the client has stated (hopefully publically) that he would definately recommend me, did this client miss a check box at contract completion?

Thanks,

John

John F wrote:

And a new topic - I know I should start a new thread but - on my stats page I see "Clients who would recommend you" (it is a dash): what is this?  I have a successful project under my belt in which the client has stated (hopefully publically) that he would definately recommend me, did this client miss a check box at contract completion?

Thanks,

John

No, the client can't end a contract without ticking the recommendation box (1-10). It will only be visible after you completed a few contracts, as it is supposed to be anonymous so that you don't know which client left which rating. 

Thanks Martina, I sent you a Kudo.

Okay, I think I figured out where I have gone wrong.  I was lazy and posted my Linkedin link because my experience is 35 years of software development.  I don't know how many times I read over the TOS and completely missed that.

Now two questions:

Is there an easy way to import the experience information.  (I can cut and paste if I need to)

I made the same error in the cover letters of my proposals and apparently cannot edit them.  A couple are for projects that seem to be stuck in the pipeline.  Do I need to wait for those to clear (which may be never) or if I promise to never do that again can I get a little love?

Sheesh, I didn't even think about the communicating part of the Linkedin profile; just the resume.

Thanks, and mia culpa,

John

Spoiler
Hi Riri,
My profile satisfies all the 7 requirements (also passed the Upwork Readiness test) and still, I didn't get Rising Talent Badge, can you please tell why?

Hi Muhammad,

We do not have information as to when the Rising Talent badge will be awarded to a freelancer, or not. Take note that not all freelancers receive the badge, and some skip the program altogether and move to getting a Job Success Score. I would definitely recommend that you focus on doing great work on your contracts to be successful on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have completed all the tasks related to the rising talent badge but didn't get it yet.
please explain to me how can I get it? what is the issue

Hi Nabeel,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths