🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Difficulty getting jobs
Page options
kmishra1985
Community Member

Difficulty getting jobs

Hi ! Greetings for the day ! I need a help. Though I have a profile on Upwork for a long time now, it is only recently that I have started to work actively on it. I have submitted proposals for various tasks but I have hardly been able to get a positive reply from the clients Whenever I submit a proposal I make sure that I attach my accomplished tasks too. What is it that is going negative for me? Why I am not able to land any job on this portal? You help and guidance will be really helpful for me. Thanks and Regards...Kalpana
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kalpana:

Your profile is private, so I can't see what kind of work you do.

If you are having difficulty getting jobs on Upwork, it may be that you are working in a field which has less demand relative to the supply.

Successful strategies for working on this platform include offering a highly specialized skill set or area of expertise that relatively few other freelancers offer.

If you are simply doing what a million other freelancers are doing, then why should a client hire you rather than someone with more Upwork job experience?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
arafat204
Community Member

HI Kalpana,

I reviewed your post. 

Yes, It's really tough to get hire, because there are more than million of freelancers here. So why would the client hire you among of them? You need more specific, the cover letter must be very clear and don't post more than 3 proposals in a day. Also, try to post your proposal as fast as possible after posting from a client. 

Hope these will help you. 

Thanks

Md Arafat
JoanneP

Hi Kalpana,

I understand that it can be difficult to land a contract at first, but don't give up. Please check out these articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. You may also want to check out this thread where we compiled the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions that are designed to help new users get started on Upwork. If you have any questions please let us know. We're always here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kalpana:

Your profile is private, so I can't see what kind of work you do.

If you are having difficulty getting jobs on Upwork, it may be that you are working in a field which has less demand relative to the supply.

Successful strategies for working on this platform include offering a highly specialized skill set or area of expertise that relatively few other freelancers offer.

If you are simply doing what a million other freelancers are doing, then why should a client hire you rather than someone with more Upwork job experience?

shohel121
Community Member

Hi Kalpana,

Getting the first job might be a bit harder but possible.  I would say irrespective of skillset:

• Master your skills (continuous improvement is also important).
  • Complete your profile professionally (Overview is important) 
  • Pass some related Upwork Tests with the good scores (it helps for new freelancers landing a job)
  • Craft your Cover Letter wisely (Finding the key skills on the JD and highlight that on your cover letter)
  • Apply only to the jobs that best match to your skills.

Good luck! 

Shohel
kmishra1985
Community Member

Thank you everyone for taking your time out and trying to resolve my query. 

Your inputs were really valuable. I have started to act on the same and I can see the positive changes coming on the way.

Can't thank enough each one of you. Keep doing the great work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths