🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » FIRST job!
Page options
paul_moliken
Community Member

FIRST job!

It took about 40 proposals and a month, but I got my first proposal accepted. The job suits me perfectly. 

6 REPLIES 6
imzzy
Community Member

Congratulations Paul on your first job. I wish you get more jobs which perfectly suits you in the near future. Keep up the good work.

holymell
Community Member

Great news! I like to see these posts rather than the "why can't I get a job" posts.

Forty proposals. I saw one poster who was upset about submitting five and hearing nothing back. This platform requires a lot of persistence, and I think many are not cut out to handle it. Even now, after a year, I get replies from maybe two in ten proposals.

Anyway, I'm happy for you, Paul, and I wish you the best. May many more jobs follow!
nkocendova
Community Member

Congrats on scoring your first job Paul!

~Nina
brettstone76
Community Member

Congrats, Paul!
I hope to be right behind you. Best to you!

pleaz
Community Member

It's very hard not only with first job, also with second job and etc. What type of cover letters you wrote ? how much details or maybe you send solutions in cover lettes ?

holymell
Community Member

Anton, when you write proposals, don't tell the client about yourself. They don't care. Tell them how you can solve their problem. Address their issue, then explain how you would take care of it.

If you can find their name address them by that. Brief greeting, then get right into the problem. That's the best way I've found to do it.

Don't do the job before you are offered the job, if that's what you were asking. No. That will only result in the client getting what they need for free.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths