🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fake job
Page options
5e3106d9
Community Member

Fake job

Hello, 

Be careful in this platform, I got a fake job of typing by **Edited for Community Guidelines**"an international company" and i worked with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I spent three days day and night typing a novel for them, and when I delivered the job, they told me that I have to pay $50 to get my paid, lol. 

That's the first time that I see that I have to pay to receive a pay for a hard work that i did, they didn't rob me my money, but they stole me my effort, my time and my hours of sleep. 

I don't know how to report these people in here, please help me to do this, so anybody fall in this fake thing.

4 REPLIES 4
magreth
Community Member

Hi Johanna, 

Did you have a contract? 

NikolaS

Hi Johanna,

I would like to clarify that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting hereFeel free to also check this page to help you stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d573ba92
Community Member

Hi please did you say **Edited for Community Guidelines**

810a10de
Community Member

Poor, Thanks for your advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths