🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelancer asked for a 5 star feed back
Page options
515249be
Community Member

Freelancer asked for a 5 star feed back

Hi

I am new on Upwork and Asked about 5 stars feedback to the client. i just know that it is against the Upwork terms. I wanted to know it will effect my profile??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ouch.

The client DID report you.

Well, the good thing is that this is just a warning. But this is on your permanent file. Obviously are not going to break this rule again in the future. So don't be worried.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ume S wrote:

Hi

I am new on Upwork and Asked about 5 stars feedback to the client. i just know that it is against the Upwork terms. I wanted to know it will effect my profile??

Simply asking does nothing to your profile, only what the client leaves as actual feedback does. Just don't do it again, some clients might report you. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

No, this will not affect your JSS.

Don't do it again.

I think this client will not report you.

But if you keep doing this, clients will report you and you could end up kicked off of the platform.

Client report this at upwork and I got the following email.
Warning only

Hi Ume,

Please keep in mind that sharing private details publicly in our Community is not allowed. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for guidance sir 

Goran V wrote:

Hi Ume,

Please keep in mind that sharing private details publicly in our Community is now allowed. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

I think you have to correct the answer.

I chanaged it 

Thanks for support 

Hi Maria,

Apologies for the typo. It's been corrected. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

Ouch.

The client DID report you.

Well, the good thing is that this is just a warning. But this is on your permanent file. Obviously are not going to break this rule again in the future. So don't be worried.

Thanks for your guidance Respected sir

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, it affects you, because now you have lost a client. He'll never hire you again or recommend you to any of his friends who might need work done. Building up your business so that you have repeat clients is more important than the little stars in your profile. If you focus on making your clients happy, they will give you good reviews without you having to ask for them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths