🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelancers charging per job and not at hourl...
Page options
117a5ad0
Community Member

Freelancers charging per job and not at hourly rate.

Greetings. I am very new to Upwork.

I am a digital portrait artist.

How do I charge per job and not on a hourly rate.

I see no options on my profile to change to fixed rate 

please help.

Patri Rozario

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a91d6933
Community Member

Trying navigating to My Profile. There's a little pencil icon with a circle around it just after your rate amount. If you click on that icon a box should appear with the option to change your rate. You can also change your rate anytime you submit your proposals no matter what rate you've set for yourself in your profile. If a job offering is a fixed rate opportunity it should show up as that type of payment method when you submit your proposal. I don't think freelancers can set their rates as fixed rates, only hourly. Clients can post fixed rate job offerings though. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a91d6933
Community Member

Trying navigating to My Profile. There's a little pencil icon with a circle around it just after your rate amount. If you click on that icon a box should appear with the option to change your rate. You can also change your rate anytime you submit your proposals no matter what rate you've set for yourself in your profile. If a job offering is a fixed rate opportunity it should show up as that type of payment method when you submit your proposal. I don't think freelancers can set their rates as fixed rates, only hourly. Clients can post fixed rate job offerings though. 

Thank you Paul.

it is strange that Freelancers cannot list their offer as fixed rate. I am sure Upwork has crossed that barrier years ago.

Well, I will learn along the way.

I guess you could just estimate how long a job will take, set your hourly rate accordingly, and you'll have the equivalent of a fixed rate for that individual job. I am learning as I go as well. Best wishes to you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths