🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Funny Scamming Freelancer opens Dispute with ...
Page options
282c6c55
Community Member

Funny Scamming Freelancer opens Dispute with a Fake Screenshot

I can't really believe that this is happening again with another scammer, and so called freelancer around this platform.

I hired a person to promote my social media channel and as soon as I opened a dispute against first project which he did not complete, he opened dispute  all other opened projects of which he didn't even started yet. It is silly though how he thinks that he could just get away with it.

Anyways, coming to this topic, this freelancer has sent me a screenshot as a work proof. The screenshot he sent can be only taken if the user has access to the social media channel, in this case I never gave him the access over my channel.

He is so desperate to scam me and much confident to open disputes for even over the projects that he didn't started at all. After all, its hardly 24 hours since I hired him and surprised how he could have done this in 24 hours where he was demanding at-least 5 days.

Whom should I blame?

The scammer's confident or Upwork's ignorance?

Losing trust on Upwork's ignorance.

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Ranjan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a freelancer. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you
Pradeep

Upwork
282c6c55
Community Member

Also please note this scammer keeps lying with new things and he also asked me to buy his services outside Upwork. You can check the messages.

Hi,

Once you're in the dispute, the agent will tell that if you two can't reach to an agreement, you both will have to pay 291$ for arbritation. 

If both of you go to the arbritation and he is obviously a scammer, the arbritator will award that the money in escrow belongs to you. You still lose 291$ fee though.

However, based on your details, as a scammer, he knows that he can't win the arbritation. So, many chances that he won't pay for it and the money will return to you (both the fee in escrow and 291$). 

Don't be worry if you are the right side.

282c6c55
Community Member

It is upsetting that I am being the one for all responsibilities just because scammers showed up with their methods. I mean why don't Upwork take some responsibility and monitor these scammers or do something about them.

These scammers however, going to scam some other users in same way by using luring or any other sort of methods, so it is Upwork's responsibility to fix this.

I found from threatening fraud to scammers through Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths