🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

UPDATE: Check out the new Get Profile Feedback board!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news, everyone! 👏  Due to the overwhelming success of this thread, we've created an entire board dedicated to profile feedback. This allows each freelancer to start a dedicated thread requesting feedback which makes it easier to manage for all involved parties. Check out the new Get Profile Feedback board!

Due to the new board, we've blocked new replies on this post. If you're still waiting for feedback, please post a thread in the new board. 😁

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1,183 REPLIES 1,183
celgins
Community Member

Md Sabbir,

I think your profile looks good.

You should consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Also, consider adding at least one Specialized Profile. Having a specialized profile can increase a freelancer's searchability.

Many freelancers are not getting responses to their proposals for a variety of reasons. Competition is high, so even with a good approach, a proposal might not be seen.

You may want to review some of the resources below if you have not already:

Good luck!

f69747f6
Community Member

I've taken a look at all the lessons you suggested and even added a project to the catalog. Any thoughts?
You will get stunning canva templates for your social media posts and ads | Upwork

celgins
Community Member

Your project catalog looks good.

Clients can search for projects or your project may appear when clients click a general Design & Creative category like "Graphic, Editorial & Presentation Design."

ecdee3ff
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds each of you well. I'm reaching out to humbly request your insights on my Upwork profile. As someone dedicated to growth and improvement, I genuinely believe that learning from experienced peers like yourselves can significantly enhance my journey on this platform.

If you could spare a moment to review my profile and offer any suggestions or feedback you may have, I would be sincerely grateful. Whether it's refining my presentation, optimizing service offerings, or increasing visibility, your expertise holds immense value to me.

Thank you for considering my request, and I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to glean wisdom from your insights.

Here is my upwork profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f1fcb0fef4bb45be

Warm regards,
Anna R.,

Hi Anna, I've visited your profile, and we need to complete and optimize it.

Hello Upworkers,

I trust you're all doing splendidly. I'm here to seek your valued opinions on my Upwork profile. I'm a firm believer in continuous learning and self-improvement, and I'm convinced that advice from seasoned professionals like you is a treasure trove that can elevate my presence here.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a brief look at my profile and share your thoughts. Your feedback on how I might polish my presentation, fine-tune my services, or enhance my profile's visibility would be incredibly beneficial.

I’m thankful for your time and am looking forward to absorbing your seasoned advice.

link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01da6aedfdaba82dc6?mp_source=share

Kind regards,

Deividas Valentukonis

5fb35953
Community Member

Thank you so much for this advice and information! 😊 I know the response was not to me, but I am new here and this benefits me greatly!

Thankyou So much

034b75dd
Community Member

Hello i just created my profile in upwork and i want a feedback of my profile provided by expert freelancers.

Hello Juan,
Your profile looks good overall. However, I noticed some grammatical errors in your "About" section that need to be corrected. Additionally, I would suggest expanding that section and providing more precise details about yourself and your background.

On another note, I would appreciate it if you could review my profile as well and provide any feedback you might have.
My profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mdsabbirh68

Thank you,

Sabbir Hossain.

b5ec174c
Community Member

hi 
please review my profile and suggest me why client didn't approve my proposals

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ceee22787a76f0df

Abdullah,

I recommend you put together four individual Upwork profiles instead of having four people throwing everything together. This would give you three more ways to send proposals, which would increase your chances of finding work.

That said, it is critical that you use a profile to immediately establish your expertise and you fail to do that. When I say immediately, I mean it. Your openng should be "I am an expert graphic designer who can ...."

Or, in your case, "We are an expert team of graphic designers and video editors who can ..."

Or "We are a top-notch team of graphic designers and video editors who can ..."

Then, you have to prove that cliam is true. If you are experts, you should have work experience and schooling to discuss that will help convince people you are experts. You should have past work experiences and schooling,  plus seminars and conferences to point to. Mostly, you should have past work experiences to talk about. This is a work environment, so proving you are a good student isn't quite the point. You have to prove you are a professional worker, too.

Can you do that? It sounds a bit confusing to do this on behalf of four people, but it can be done. You have to say, "Between the four of us, we have 20 years of college experience and 10 years of work experience ..." and things of that nature. Then, provide details. What work have you done? Were they large projects or small or both? 

You say you have done 3,000 online projects. Can you prove that? You  have to convince us that is true. Give us some details. What types of styles have you used? What types of customers have you helped? What types of video projects have you experience doing?

Just saying "We've done 3,000 projects" is not convincing enough. I don't believe you until you give me more details that show me you really know what you're talking about.

By the way, I hate to say this, but many people will assume that one review you have was made up. You have one customer who write 250 words of far-reaching praise for a $10 project. This is very unlikely. I hope it's honest, but it will strike many as suspect.

Anyway, good luck. I still think you would do better with four different profiles, but that's up to you.

i have made several changes can you look again and suggest me any change that will make my profile professinal
and also guide me i have submitted proposal over 12 but no one replied me or accept my proposal why?
because of bids? or cover letter ? 

Anthony H your feedback is valubale. Can you check my profile and tell me something where i can improve.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/anaterracruz 

see my profile and give your opinion , please? 

you need to make changes in headline and about clearly cleint can understand within single minute.

18c819c9
Community Member

Hii I just created my profile, and I would appreciate it if someone could check it and give me a feedback.

Thanks!

Giulia,

If you teach me Italian, I'll be glad to help .... 

I can help with Italian, anything to translate?

ravi007pal
Community Member

Hello, 

Greetings!

Kindly review my profile and give me suggestion if anything need to improve..

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0116bc23cfaa5b76d6

Hello Ravi,

It may not seem like a big deal, but I recommend not using ALL CAPS in your title--unless you are using acronyms. ANDROID | FLUTTER | KOTLIN | JAVA are not acronyms and should be Android | Flutter | Kotlin | Java

I think your overview/summary should focus on your app development rather than your ability to elevate an app within an app store. Clients will only see the first 200-250 characters of your summary when they search for freelancers, and you will likely get more attention if you tell what you can do (mobile app development) as opposed to something you want to do for them (elevate their app in app stores). For example:

Expert mobile app developer who designs, develops, tests, and deploys Android applications, and elevates them to top-rated status on leading app stores.

This includes your desire to help elevate the client's app, but it starts by telling clients what you can do (your services) and immediately lets clients see how you can help them.

Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

muhammadumer1125
Community Member

Hi,

Im an experienced Medical Biller. Please review my profile and suggest me how can I get more profile views. Thanks 

Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016b140b12354905de

Hi there, Upworkers!
As rookie on Upwork, I have so far submitted  proposals. I have yet to hear a single answer from the client since I registered. I even scored in the top 20% on the Upwork tests and produce strong proposals.
Is there something I'm not doing right? In that case, how can I strengthen my online presence and raise my chances of getting my first job?
How long did it take for you top-rated independent contractors to get your first client?
Regards,
Kemoi Rono

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile still looks fine. There is not much more you can do in your profile to increase views. Typically, if your profile appears high in search results, you get more views. When your profile appears lower, you get fewer views. But there is no trick to appearing high in search results.

Good luck!

fef9aaa0
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Here is my profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d65641de59f88e54?s=1017484851352698921

celgins
Community Member

Yagnik,

I recommend focusing your title on your skill area and removing the years of experience: Chartered Accountant. The shorter title will look much better in search results. Your Accounting specialized profile title is a great example.

Add a portfolio to show a few samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. It might seem odd for an accountant to have a portfolio, but the portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Everything else looks good.

fef9aaa0
Community Member

Thanks for your suggestion and the same will be considered and updated by me in my profile.

74a5236b
Community Member

Please, someone, check my profile, I have been struggling to get my first Job on Upwork for 2 years, I have sent many proposals but still no success, my profile visibility is public anyone can check and give me suggestions.

Profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01680e1e7d64c3e8b4

celgins
Community Member

Muhammad,

Your profile looks good.

Competition is high for graphic designers and YouTube thumbnail designers, so getting jobs on Upwork can be a challenge. It's not just you--many freelancers are not getting profile views or responses to their proposals.

It will not help you get jobs, but you might want to add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Good luck!

c32837fa
Community Member

very happy. When people like you show up to help newbies like us. My name is Waqar. And I am a musician sound designer and video editor working in the media industry for the last twenty years. But I am new to upwork. Please if you can improve something for the profile I will be very grateful thanks

Here Is My Protfolio Link:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/~0105c5281cdff066d0

waqar uddin
celgins
Community Member

Waqar,

Your profile title will make no sense to most clients. I suggest using a title that focuses on your skill area. For example: 2D Artist/Animator

In your overview/summary, remove:"Welcome to my 2D animation portfolio!Why remove it? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services) in this small space.

Also, add spaces between paragraphs to make your summary easier to read:

I am a skilled animator with a passion for bringing characters and stories to life through the art of animation. In my portfolio, you will find a collection of my best work, showcasing my range of skills and styles.

My portfolio includes a variety of animation projects, from short films to promotional videos, and everything in between. Each project showcases my ability to bring characters to life with fluid, believable movements and expressive facial expressions. I also have experience creating engaging environments, from detailed backgrounds to dynamic camera movements.

My animation style is versatile, and I enjoy exploring different aesthetics and techniques to fit the tone and mood of each project. Whether it's a whimsical children's animation or a dark and moody short film, I am able to adapt my animation style to suit the project's needs.

In your project catalog, correct the spelling: Sound Desing --> Sound Design

The other sections of your profile look good.

2a3a9519
Community Member

Please check my profile and give me suggestion if anything need to improve.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e03d1522fe521649

celgins
Community Member

Shuvo,

The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

A shorter title might be more appealing since there is redundancy in using "WordPress" twice. I suggest: WordPress Expert | Divi | Elementor| WooCommerce

You can optimize the first part of your overview/summary by removing these:

"Hi There,"
"Myself Shuvo Gosh."

Why remove this? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want this small space to include important words (i.e., your services)--not greetings and names.

You should consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

You should also consider adding a Specialized Profile. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

3c73cf12
Community Member

Hi, hope so you are doing great!

Kindly review my profile and help me to get more clients. 

Regards,

Umair Tahir

celgins
Community Member

Hi Umair,

Your profile does not have enough information to convince clients to hire you. To make your profile more appealing to clients, provide more information in your overview/summary, add more relevant skills, and add a portfolio. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can get results.

Your title should only include relevant skill categories. Data entry is not relevant to the others and even video editing is only loosely related.  You should create one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on any services not related to digital marketing.

In your overview/summary, don't ask clients to ask you questions--give them answers in your profile. Use your summary to offer details about your ability to help clients with social media management, ad campaigns, and graphic design.  For example:

• Describe your strengths and how they benefit the clients' social media marketing campaigns.
  • Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback to ensure their digital marketing campaigns meet their needs.
  • Do you provide unlimited revisions? Do you offer follow-up support after a digital marketing project is completed?
  • Which software applications and tools do you use?
  • Highlight any similar projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.

Clients looking for digital marketing professionals will find them on Upwork. The question is, do they have enough good reasons to choose Umair? The information you provide can help them better understand why they should hire you and how it will benefit them.

Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. A portfolio is extremely important for freelancers offering digital marketing and graphic design services. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Once you update you summary and add a portfolio, clients will have a better understanding of your services and how you can meet their needs or solve their problems.

Good luck!

6e158399
Community Member

I'm new and i don't know where to start

Kuok
celgins
Community Member

Kuok,

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and other resources:

5fb35953
Community Member

Thank you for the suggestions! 😊

vishwa-akshat
Community Member

Hey Upwork community, thanks for the great initiative. Please review my profile and suggestions will be much appreciated.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016d9645c9f49e264b?mp_source=share

Akshat,

A few things that might help make your profile more appealing to potential clients and other tips:

Title: Your title looks a bit jumbled. Since the word "developer" appears three times, maybe your title can be shortened to: MERN Stack Developer | ReactJS/NextJS and  Front-End Developer

Overview/Summary: I would highly consider removing the first sentence:

"Welcome to the digital crossroads where innovation meets efficiency."

Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services) in this small space. Your first sentence sounds good, but it provides no value to clients.

Next, instead of telling clients about MERN: ("I am a full-stack MERN Developer with a comprehensive command over MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js."), tell clients what you can do:

I am a full-stack MERN Developer who can build a variety of web applications such as dashboards, content management systems, e-commerce tools, real-time chat applications, project management tools, reservation systems, and more.

Skills: You are missing very important skill categories in your skills list. MERN Stack and Front-End Development are highly relevant to your profile. Both appear in your title and summary, and your skills list should match. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Project Catalog: You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths