🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Member

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
oheyitsjames
Community Member

If it's okay, do you mind checking my profile too? I just recently got my account verified and I'd really appreciate all the help I can get from everyone.

joseph-aj
Community Member

Hello great Freelancers,

Please help review my profile too.

Thank you.

ahmed-m-zaghloul
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm a Senior iOS Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience, i've submitted many proposals but unfortunately no client hire me or just saw my profile !!. 

So i want to make sure that my profile is not having problems,

and if anyone having a suggestion to enhance my chance to let the client just see my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/fl/azaghloul

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Zaghloul
asad6410
Community Member

Can someone please review my profile?

I am a Top-rated graphic designer but It's very difficult to get hired.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Your profile is not public. Please provide a link and I'm happy to review it. 

Hi 

My profile visibility is set to the public I do not know why you couldn't find it anyway here is the link:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/jahangirhassan8

Please let me know how can I pump it up a little not getting any jobs.Smiley Frustrated

Thank you for responding Aditi.

Here is my profile link.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a12bc0a77d2a3afd

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Asadullah, You are already a top-rated freelancer. Kudos. Your profile reads well. Perhaps change your hourly rate to $12 or $14. Some folks are superstitious about 13 🙂 . On a serious note, I would suggest creating a pre-packaged product such as 2pg brochure design $XYZ etc. The introduction video is great but consider including yourself/ your voice. A potential client likes to gauge what it would be like to work with you. 

I think you will soon get several clients. It is probably just a phase where you have only one ongoing contract. 

Aditi, I don't know how to thank you.

Another reason this is a great platform because here I have seen super amazing people like you :).

I am working on your highlighted points.

Best Wishes!

facebookads83
Community Member

Hello Beautiful poeple!! 

I would love to get your  Lovely feedback on my profile,  Heart

jhbutt
Community Member

HI Please review my profile. 

7d02b71b
Community Member

I spent 100 connects on Upwork but cannot received any one order

please guide me

Why someone should hire you? This is the first question you have to ask
yourself.

When we apply for a particular job, on avg there are 20+ other peers
competing with us, some of them will have outstanding reviews, someone will
have recent similar projects or portfolio, or has written a great cover
letter.

Polish your profile as much as you can, make your portfolio ready, do not
just send a whole bunch of images instead send 3-4 relevant work samples
you have done previously( if you are a beginner, make a great portfolio
first). Most people make mistakes while creating a portfolio, create case
studies of every project, how you approached the client's problem.

There is no wonder if you follow all the above steps but you do not
receive work, be patient, and keep doing what you are doing, YOU WILL
RECEIVE WORK, believe me!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Everyone,

My profile is approved already and 100% completed but inspite of sending lot of proposals, I am not getting any feedback. I have extensive medical billing and revenue cycle management experience and background.

Does anybody have any tips.

Thank You!

Mudassar Shahzad

0d3986ee
Community Member

I would like a feedback on how to improve and land a gig
taanab
Community Member

I would be happy to get feedback on my profile as well. Please if you have a time.

Thank you!

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Denis, your profile is not public. Please provide a link and I'm happy to review it. 

a5e437cd
Community Member

Hi,I am on Upwork for the last 3 months minimum but I didn't get any single views on my profile in these 3 months. As well as I also used 100+connects but didn't get any project I am a professional Freelancer. Now my profile locked to private. Please help me to get projects. Thank you

raorehan733
Community Member

Hi, can anyone give me some tips to get my first order on Upwork? thanks in advance

75f6aa69
Community Member

Hi, with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

imsabin
Community Member

I Really need Help>>>>>><<<<<<

uniqueworker2
Community Member

Please could you check mine and see if anything is wrong
3aace0cd
Community Member

Hello, everyone. I hope you are all doing wellSmiley Happy. I am a freelance writer with some experience outside Upwork. About a few weeks ago, I become interested in this extraordinary platform, and felt that it has enormous potential to allow me to grow as a freelance writer. Please see my profile and suggest how I can improve it. So far, I have only managed to get a single offer. Other advices for someone new to this platform would also be deeply appreciated. Thank you for bearing with me through this postSmiley Happy

hasnithedesigner
Community Member

Hey I'm new to upwork and just starting off. I had created my profile a month a go and I think I'm not getting how to put my ideas in profile overview. It's quite weak and I need some experties help to write a solid profile overview.

Hello Ali! You have a very good profile. I like your graphic design samples and your work outline is very easy to understand. I hope that you can get a Client soon.

mgracelmisajon
Community Member

Hello Mike! Could you please see my profile and provide me feedback, I will appreciate it . Thank you

md_tarequl-islam
Community Member

Very good initiatives Mike. I hope it will boost freelancers profile to get jobs

md_tarequl-islam
Community Member

Thanks Mike for your kind inititives. It will help newly entered freelancres in Upwork.... 

Mary, with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you! 

Hello Salwa! I like your Architectural designs. They're beautiful.  I am not an expert but please correct your paragraph spacing specially after using commas (,) Please keep it simple and give additional details of your work. 

ashishjunejahr
Community Member

Dear Members,

I have applied to 33 jobs but have received only 1 project making $138. 

I am not getting projects. 

Experienced members, please guide. 

Ashish 

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Ashish, consider adding testimonials to your profile.

Also, under the overview section, there are several "I" statements. Consider rewriting them from a potential client's perspective. For instance, 'PhD thesis submitted' is an important achievement for you; but it is somewhat irrelevant to the client. Rephrasing it to client focused language will help. For instance, something along the lines of - 'I offer web-research services/ writing services that meet high academic standards in the field of Economics/Human Resource Management and Marketing' - might be useful. 

I think, it's just a matter of time (and some diligence in applying) before you get projects of your choice. 

696ab6d2
Community Member

Hey, new to UpWork. Would appreciate the profile feedback.Thanks.

Hi Luis! You have a very good profile. The Job title and details are well written. You have a well designed portfolio, you have provided your previous jobs and the personal details is okay. I hope Clients will find you because I know you can perform an amazing job.

Hi!

Can you please check out my profile. I am not getting any new job for while now.

Thank you, Mary I appreciate your feedback! I will keep plugging away. 🙂

Hi, 

can you please check my profile ?

thanks

Please take a look at my profile.

Is my picture good?

Title, description, and anything you can feedback on!

🙂

1- Is my profile picture good? I edited my photo and is it legit?

2- how many proposals I can bid on? is there any limit? I have heard what there is a limit and if you exceed takes serious actions. Where can I find that meter I tried to find it I couldn't.

Muhammad H wrote:

Please take a look at my profile.

Is my picture good?

Title, description, and anything you can feedback on!

🙂

The picture is not bad at all, keep it!

The main issue is that the headline and the portfolio items seem not to match at all.

It would be better to give a consistent message.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths