🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
perisw2020
Community Member

Hello,

I am new on Upwork, kindly assist to check for me my profile and please share any feedback and corrections.

Thanks in advance.

norvys
Community Member

Hi!

Although I created my profile a long time ago, now I want to spend more time polishing it. You could help me by giving it a look to see how I could improve it.

Regards,

Norvys.

I'm new here and I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I'm trying to improve my profile and I keep seeing the suggestion to look at the profiles of successful freelancers, but I can't seem to get there. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Hi Dottie,

I just tried to look at your profile. Unfortunately, your profile is not publicly accessible.You may get more official information Get Started - Upwork Help  here

I just changed it to Public. Thanks.

Dottie, your profile is set for private. Please set it to public so that other freelancers can review it. 

lachrisha_s
Community Member

Hi Mike!

This is a phenomenal way to ensure freelancers are getting off to a solid start. I would really appreciate any feedback you could provide.

Thanks!

renata_dutoit
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I am new to Upwork (it's been about 1 month now) and would love to get some feedback on how I can improve my profile to land jobs.

It's possible that I'm being impatient, but it feels like I'm sending proposals and being ignored completely so need some tips.

Thanks so much,

Renata Du Toit

helena1103
Community Member

Hello Mike,

I am new on Upwork, and it is very hard  to get contracts in the beginning. Can you please review my profile(s) - Translator and Virtual Assistant - so I get more visibility?

Thank you for your precious help.

Helena Silva

zansha
Community Member

PLease can you have a look at my profile and let me know what are steps I should take .

Thank you

sultanshahriar
Community Member

Hello Dear Super Cool Members,

You all are just awesome. I cannot say enough to thank you for the contributions you are adding to this forum. I am very new here and studying the community for a while. 

So I would like to share my profile for feedback. - https://www.upwork.com/fl/shahriarsultan5

The main problem that I am facing is, I landed my first job, but after that, I am not getting any response from any clients. Bidding on projects, sharing portfolios, even did demo work to show my skills but it is not working somehow. 

So any tips or advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you all again,

Shahriar

Shahriar, that is an excellent start. You have been freelancing for several years. I'd encourage you not to limit yourself by displaying one portfolio item. Add 4-5 portfolio items of various styles from various industries. Also, consider adding testimonials from previous clients. I'd suggest you to offer 'pre-packaged products' or 'project catalogs' such as- 2 page brochure design for $XX; 10 pg booklet design for $XY etc. 

Good luck, I'm sure you will be successful on Upwork forum as well.   

Thanks for the amazing idea... I will try my best! 

Thanks again.

I am continuously bidding on projects, but there are no view on my profiles, is there any problem with it, please let me know?

What's the problem with my bidding?

CA Sumit B wrote:

I am continuously bidding on projects, but there are no view on my profiles, is there any problem with it, please let me know?

What's the problem with my bidding?

Hard to say. But when potential clients look at your profile from a proposal, it does not count as a profile view in your statistic. Nobody can find you through the search function as your profile is set to private, so everything is working as designed. 

2463d678
Community Member

Lovely idea! I joined Upwork on the 6th November, for the first three days I had an amazing costumer and he amazed by my work, but after that, I have not received any messages from clients, is that because of my profile content or my picture or I am missing something?

Thank you for a great rich discussion.

Mohammed Alhayek

mamudu-sahib
Community Member

This is what I've been looking for! Someone should lend a hand.

Hi guys,

I am new on Upwork for nearly a month, apply about 14 jobs but no response yet. Could someone please have a look at my profile and share any feedback and corrections so that I can get the first job in Upwork?

Thank you very much in advance.

Nhung from Vietnam 

sonapec
Community Member

Thank you very much!

594b0200
Community Member

Hi Community,

Can I attach a diploma, language exam certificate or ECDL exam certificate for data entry jobs?
Each contains personal information ...

I'm a beginner on the Upwork site. I signed up for quite a few jobs, but with very little success. Do you possibly do such support by reviewing my profile to see if it’s okay?

Thanks,

Cs.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Csilla, thanks for your question.

If you have one of the supported certifications listed on this page, you can add it to the Certifications section of your profile. If your certification isn't on that list and you'd still like to showcase it, you can add a photo or a screenshot of it to the Portfolio section of your profile. If a specific certification contains your contact information, full address, or any other sensitive information, you can either blur/cover that information or refrain from adding that certification to your profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ashik_66
Community Member

Hello,

I am new on upwork. Please review my profile and give me feedback to improve. https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01e646e782fc99a2c2/

1a3aa2d4
Community Member

This is great, thanks. I would love an expert opinion on what i could improve on my profile

417266b0
Community Member

Yes please review my profile. Would love some feedback.

Hi Stephanie, I think you have a lot to offer clients on Upwork. For your profile I would reframe based on what services and results you deliver for clients. Also pick 1-3 related skills to focus on for your main profile.

Lisa Cumes Full-Thrive Freelancer Facebook Group has a lot of really specific tips for this.

Greetings;

I would like to use your worthy oponion on my profile. Thanks a lot. It's a GREAT help.

zansha
Community Member

Hi I wouldl ike to know what are the things I should to do improve my profile and get jobs .

Thanks

diptodesign1
Community Member

How I can get more projects done and built a strong profile on Upwork. I want some tips or suggestions base on my profile. Help me to grow my profile.

I am new to UpWork but have 25 years of freelance graphic design experience, all of which, have been referrals up until now. I have no clients and no interest in my profile. I've bid on about 10 jobs a day that I actually want. I did watch a utube about how to start and it was good, but there has to be a reason I'm not able to get clients. Also, I have testimonials from clients I work with and I can not add them to my profile without disclosing all their information and I just am not comfortable doing that. Can someone look at my profile and give me some help as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Jodi Adams

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d492e0eeb3b523fe

Jodi A wrote:

I am new to UpWork but have 25 years of freelance graphic design experience, all of which, have been referrals up until now. I have no clients and no interest in my profile. I've bid on about 10 jobs a day that I actually want. I did watch a utube about how to start and it was good, but there has to be a reason I'm not able to get clients. Also, I have testimonials from clients I work with and I can not add them to my profile without disclosing all their information and I just am not comfortable doing that. Can someone look at my profile and give me some help as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Jodi Adams

You are probably not doing anything wrong, you just have tons of competition at a fraction of your price, and you are entering upwork at the worst possible time, with thousands of new hopefuls every day. I suggest you improve your profile by using a better and more professional picture, proofread your texts and get rid of all typos and mistakes, while you evaluate if this platform is the right fit for you at this time. 

You will awarded with a project from client. Follow following tips

1- premium subscription once.
2- Saved related jobs skills tags to your timeline.
3- Build your portfolio
4- Bid at project (less than 5) ones.
5- Make a small video related to client solutions.
6- Quick response to the clients.
7- Set your profile to Public.
8- Continuously bids on 2-3 projects related to your skills daily.
1dcfd591
Community Member

I am new to UpWork and have submitted about 10 proposals a day and have gotten nothing back. Can you check my profile to see what I'm doing wrong? Thanks Jodi Adams

10f4c824
Community Member

I would love to get feedback!

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi,

I am new to upwork platform. I want to work permanently in this platform. Please help me. I want to great feedback. Anyone here. Please helps me.

Thanks everyone, 

Best regards, 

Pronob Kumer. 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01c71f09fe774a9b3d/

Hi i just wanted to ask that how can 8 achieve or gain a job though I am a top rated freelancer with 100% jss. I have spent bunch of 80 connected more then times but no. Luck. If some one can review my profile and tell me what is lacking. It would be helpful for me
Please let me know how can I attract client toward me because now upwork is some how becoming expense rather then earnings.

Kelly, your profile reads well. I have two suggestions:

1) Consider adding an introduction video that gives potential clients a good idea about services you offer. 

2) Add keywords on your general profile as well. You have plenty keywords under skills on your specialized profile. 

Ok! Thank you for the feedback!

Kelly
8881598d
Community Member

Hi, 
I am new at Upwork. Can anyone please review my profile?

Thanks
Masum

noorkhansaafi
Community Member

Hi everyone

I don't know how to make an attractive profile. Can you give me suggestion that I make my profile attractive?

bsonja
Community Member

Dear Mike,

My name is Sonja and I`m a newbie 🙂

My profile is at 95%, but I think I`m stuck here - no job invites for me 😞

Let me now please if anything you think I must change on my profile.

Thank you in advance,

Best wishes to all UP members,

Sonja

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths