🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
ana-tasevska
Community Member

Hi! What would you improve? I'm up for hearing your suggestions!

Ana,

I wish my profile were that well done.

My first suggestion is for you to raise your rates. Go for $25 per hour at least.

A higher rate is a way to express confidence. It doesn't mean you can't work for less on occassion.

Secondly, I would take out the parentheses () when you say you will add more chuckles. Then, in parentheses, I would suggest you say (Obviously, I enjoy my work.)

The reason is that it's terrific to appear friendly -- and, I would argue, it's very important to appear friendly. But you want to convey the idea that you enjoy your work, not that you are simply quick to laugh.

Does that make sense? I know it sounds picky, but it's a pretty great write up and there isn't much more I can say.

Except for this: Provide more work for your portfolio section. That would help. Try to put a variety of styles in there. 

0270360a
Community Member

Hello, I am new at upwork. Can you please check out my profile? I need feedback from you. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Farjana

874f18e2
Community Member

Would love to get a review. Thank you.

Bilal R wrote:

Bilal R wrote:

I have no idea about your field, so I can't comment.
What I can tell you is that your profile is about you, not about "We are a digital agency working on ..."

646ad924
Community Member

Would love to get a review. Thank you 

jeffreytylaine
Community Member

Hi,

I'd love some feedback on my profile. Thank you.

johnwanjohi
Community Member

Hey,

Please let me know what I need to add to my profile for me to get jobs; thanks

d49a0f3a
Community Member

Hi, you are kind enough to visit my profile and give me feedback I would highly appreciate it. 

abhishekondesign
Community Member

Hi,

Can you review my Profile?

Thank you in advance

eb50f1bf
Community Member

Hello 

Please can check my profile,

i just have some months on Upwork

and need improve my profile

thanks

s_fisher_designs
Community Member

Can you please review my profile? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Sarah, 

Hi. It’s a good start. But it needs more professionalism. (Is that really a word?)

Think in terms of services and what you are selling. Don’t say you’ve learned to be efficient, say you are efficient. 

Later, when you talk about brochures, sell the services it takes to do that. More or less, in your own words, say, “I offer marketing expertise, writing, logo design, sales and branding services,” and things of that nature. 

It’s not my field and I don’t know the skills or jargon, but some rules are universal. Sound friendly and competent. Err on the side of the superlative. Someone reading it should think, wow she’s friendly and she knows her craft. Really nail that niche. 

Thank you for the feedback! I did change it but it seems still too generic to me. I'll work on it!

6582c67e
Community Member

Hi, I'm new on Upwork Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

Profile Link- https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0181883908b671affc

kmaryam786
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork. Could you please help me go through my profile. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you

nohamocsin
Community Member

Delighted! I hope you could help me too! Thank you and have a nice day!

Noha M wrote:

Delighted! I hope you could help me too! Thank you and have a nice day!

I am confused. 

1. Your specialized profile is a text about a product. Did you mean to put this into your portfolio? Assuming this is a work example, this is where it belongs. A specialized profile is meant to represent a different skill or skill-set than on the main profile. 

2. Your main profile sounds like a lecture. A client doesn't come to upwork to find general information about a topic, he comes to upwork to hire somebody to do a job. You should focus on that. What problem does the client have? Why should he hire you? 

Yes, I meant to put it in my portfolio, and I thought that was the right place. Thank you so much for correcting me. I made the changes to my profile. Can you please help me? and tell me if it's right.

First of all thanks Martina and other Gurus for your active participation through which I have improved my profile.

Also, can you please review my updated profile once more as I have put lots of effort in creating it upto the mark. Your suggestions and advices are very much welcome as they are great source of improvement, so be open and honest. Link = https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011879eb2ffb597e03?viewMode=1&s=1017484851352698933 Thanks

Community Member

Hello, 

I am new to upwork and really trying to get work, any help will be appreciated from the veterans. 

Thank you

0a3bbf79
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork. Could you please help me go through my profile. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you

i_zafeiri
Community Member

Hello!!

I have made some changes in my profile and I would appreciate it if you checked to tell me what you think!

Thank you in advance, 

Julia.

092ae1a4
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Thank you Mike for starting this thread.

I'm new here. I would appreciate any feedback to help me land my first gig.

atharghouri
Community Member

Greetings Mike

Thanks for this initiative. It is very helpful. I am new on Upwork. I have sent many proposals but still no response. I have also created a project catalog but no response. Kindly review my profile and give me feedback.

Thanks

54ba2a58
Community Member

Hey there,

I am also new to Upwork and I would love some feedback on my profile.

Thank you for this! 

Sara, your profile reads well. I'd suggest add more portfolio items. I noticed that you've put three videos together in one tab. Perhaps, add them separately? Also, add samples to the translation profile. You already have rising talent badge. I'd encourage you to apply aggressively to get some projects quickly. Good luck, I'm sure you will find good projects on this platform. 

75ebae8a
Community Member

Hi Everyone, Hopefully you are fine. 

Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback.

Thank you!

rubelmahmud
Community Member

I'd like some suggestions on my profile, please

devakash2298
Community Member

I am trying for the Last 3 years in Upwork but I didn't get any work. Help me

naqvi_syed_ammar
Community Member

First of all thanks Martina and other Gurus for your active participation through which I have improved my profile.

Also, can you please review my updated profile once more as I have put lots of effort in creating it upto the mark. Your suggestions and advices are very much welcome as they are great source of improvement, so be open and honest. Link = https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011879eb2ffb597e03?viewMode=1&s=1017484851352698933 Thanks

q-solutions
Community Member

Please review my profile

q-solutions
Community Member

Hi, Im new to upwork and i dont know whats happening im not getting any response and i've submitted more than 40 proposals. please can anyone review my profile and tell me know the feedback, thanks!

Best regards.

f9f9a50d
Community Member

Hi! I might a bit late for this thread but if if there's anyone that wants to give me some feedback it would be great.

b16760c3
Community Member

Hi I'm new to upwork. Could you please help me go through my profile. I need your feedback. 😊

abey_dan
Community Member

Hi 
myself Edwin started this profile longback. But I need your help to improve my profile.
thanks in advance 

Edwin

emilytumon
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Can you have a look at my profile, please? Also, my account has been set to private due to inactivity. Do I need to upgrade my membership here until I found and completed a project? 

Thank you,

Emily 

arunasalman
Community Member

Hello, I would appreciate if some one could look at my profile and see how it is. thanks

b9611248
Community Member

Don't leave a filter. I am a big boy I won't cry.

memelthami
Community Member

Can you check my profile ? Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths