🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Member

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
nokulungantombel
Community Member

I would love help.
oluwasekunmi
Community Member

Hi
My profile visibility is on public 
Thanks

nikitasalnikov
Community Member

Hello to everyone. my name is Nikita. I'm newbie on the freelance exchange. so I want to get comfortable and try to take the first order. I filled out a profile, passed the test, got Rising Talent, but it doesn't have an asterisk like the others, why? and when I want to apply for a vacancy, in the column for preferred qualifications there is an exclamation mark opposite Rising Talent? And how can I get a rating or feedback if I have not received any orders for Upwork yet? I haven't done web programming before. Now I am slowly improving my skills. I made a portfolio based on the layouts that I made in the training courses and the layouts from Figma.
zgulrukh
Community Member

Hello community, please give suggestions about my profile and how can I improve my chances to win my first project on Upwork as I'm new here
shakilrahim7
Community Member

Spoiler

Hi there!
Thanks for your kindness. Could you please check my profile and give me some advice to update my profile. Hope I will get your valuable feedback. 

nexgeninnovators
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I have re-started the work again on upwork. Please go through my profile and help me to improve!

Thanks in Advance!

2cc7d36a
Community Member

I'm sorry, but I am not getting very few apt jobs for my skills. Please review my profile and let me know the areas where I can improve. PFA my latest Resume. I learnt Digital Marketing recently and would like to add that also to my profile.

Along with DevOps, I can have also done Technical Support for Windows OS (AT&T Connectech).

This was many years ago.

Can I get back into the Technical Support field via Upwork?

Do I modify my profile to show it as a current experience?

Due to COVID, apt jobs are scarce in my area. Financial situation is getting worse.

So I may seem confused, but I am firing on all cylinders!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

madil89
Community Member

Hi Mike, 

I am new at this platform but i have experience of more than 9 years. I am finding hard to find orders. Please give potential feedbacks for my profile in order to get starting jobs. 

I shall remain thankful to you.

Best Regards,

582d96cf
Community Member

Hi Friends

It will mean the world to me if you can afford to take a minute out of your time to review my profile.

If you can even spare some more time to look at our agency account - That will even be super awesome.

Thank you!

Hi Taverishma,

You're off to a great start, I'm glad to see you decided to add a video introduction! Here are a few additional tips to help you make your profile further stand out:

• Precise titles that specify the services you offer are more likely to catch the attention of clients that need your expertise. That said, I recommend avoiding generic descriptions, such as “favorite”. You can touch on these points in your Overview.

• You only have 5 skill tags, but are allowed up to 15. Add additional skill tags to showcase your expertise & help you show up in relevant search results. Pro tip: Watch the skill tags clients are using on the projects you’re interested in to help you choose the most relevant ones.

• Great job of adding 2 portfolio items! Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to show prospective clients real-life examples of your skills and expertise. To show the clients how you can help them, consider showcasing 4+ examples of your best, most recent work. Check out this article to learn about best practices for building a great portfolio.

• Lastly, I took a quick look at your agency profile, and I suggest you use bullets or other delineators to break up your profile overview and make it easier for Clients to quickly scan and understand. Here's a great resource you can consider.

Thanks,
Nadja

barrymitchell21
Community Member

Mike

I would very much appreciate some feedback on my profile.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Barry

madebylanray
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork. Could I get some feedback about my profile?

Many thanks,

Lanre

okubor-stephanie
Community Member

Hi,
I joined Upwork in 2020 and though I've gotten two gigs, I'd love feedback on my profile as I'd love to be able to attract more clients.

Regards,
Stephanie.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Stephanie, your profile reads well. I'd suggest crafting project catalogs and also developing a comprehensive portfolio of services offered.

Good luck. 

Hi Aditi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'd make sure to update accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie.
fa33d2a9
Community Member

Please kindly review my profile. Thank you so much

pronobsarkar24
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I'm new to Upwork. Could I get some feedback about my profile?

Many thanks,

Pronob sarkar.

nouman0980
Community Member

Can someone review my profile and provide feedback based on their experience.
moni624
Community Member

I am new to Upwork. I have already submitted 8 proposals but unfortunately didn't get a response yet. So, is it not a place for a newbie?

senayav
Community Member

Hi there,
I created my profile and submitted a few proposals but didn't get any response yet. Can you please review my profile and give me a feedback?
I only joined recently and I've no really specific qualifications and no employment history as I'm still a school student. I'd be absolutely grateful if you could help me.
Thank you
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Senaya, it is commendable that you want to give yourself an early start. I agree it is tricky to position yourself in a competitive marketplace such as Upwork when you have no prior experience and formal qualification. Having said that, I am sure you will find interesting projects here. Here are some suggestions:

1. In the first few lines of the overview section, focus on services you offer rather than your education or qualification. For instance, "I offer academic essay writing, blog writing services" etc. 2. Develop a portfolio. Without a comprehensive portfolio, it is almost impossible to land a project. https://www.upwork.com/resources/4-ways-create-successful-freelancer-portfolio This link may help. 3. If you have any certifications e.g. Udemy or online courses, consider adding those. Instead of rushing to submit proposals, maybe take a couple weeks to work on these aspects and then start applying. 

I wish you the best. 

Thank you so much for your feedback I really appreciate it!
melissapatoir
Community Member

Kindly assist by viewing my profile andgiving me some feedback please. Thank you in advance.

Melissa P wrote:

Kindly assist by viewing my profile andgiving me some feedback please. Thank you in advance.

Please, don't shoot vertical videos for content viewed on laptops.

hey bro can you some feedback from my profile view

Minhazur R wrote:

hey bro can you some feedback from my profile view

PHP market is oversaturated. You might be quicker learning a newer technology and get a job there than get a job with PHP. Try looking into Python/Django, React.

flaviok
Community Member

Hi,

I just created my account and I also would like to someone check out my profile and maybe give me some advices. Plus, if possible, I also would like to get some hints about what to do for first steps in upwork plataform to enhance my profile.

Thank you!!!

2a05aa63
Community Member

Flavio K wrote:

Hi,

I just created my account and I also would like to someone check out my profile and maybe give me some advices. Plus, if possible, I also would like to get some hints about what to do for first steps in upwork plataform to enhance my profile.

Thank you!!!

You need a portfolio.

moinsupal
Community Member

Hi, I am Supal.

I am new to Upwork, need your support to enrich my profile, and suggest how to get work.

I'm a professional content maker, video editor, Animator & colorist. I am working in this profession for almost 23 years. I am using: Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve Studio, Fusion, After Effect, Logic Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.

Best wishes to you ...

sarrafig
Community Member

give me your feedbacks please...

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Sarra, great start! Some suggestions: 1. Use the first few lines of the overview section to highlight services you offer e.g. "I develop graphics, images, videos...". 2. Your portfolio is good but include more items, more variety. 3. Skills list needs to be updated to 10-15 words. 4. Do you have any certifications? Although it is not a formal requirment, it usually helps to add those. 

Good luck, I am sure you will find projects on this platform.   

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Regards

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

pronobsarkar24
Community Member

please check my profile and give me feedback. I started Upwork about a months ago got my first gig but since then I have been sending out tones of proposals with no response

My profile link:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

dieudonne_e
Community Member

hi guys I am new to Upwork please can you review my profile I have sent many proposals but no client seems to be choosing me I don't know why

vevak
Community Member

i am new to upwork, and its been 2 days i haven't found any project.

i hope someone would give me valuable feedback on my profile

pauloalatto
Community Member

Hi Kindly review my profile and give feedback and suggestions please

carlifobes
Community Member

Hi, looking forward to starting freelance work on Upwork and being part of the community. I would appreciate feedback on my newly created profile for administrative assistance work.

Thank you! Carli F. - My Profile 

triptaandco
Community Member

Dear 

Please review my profile and give me feedback that where I am lacking to get any job.

I will be very grateful to you

kedwiz
Community Member

I would love that

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths