🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Thank you @Aditi for the feedback and support!

I'll take it into consideration, and I'm working on a Project Catalog.

Aditi J wrote:

Danny, your profile is excellent. Regarding no views, I'd suggest contacting Upwork customer service rep. They can look into it. 

I have noticed that in your field several freelancers have "catalog projects" means the scope of the project is determined by you and an associated fixed price. 

https://www.upwork.com/services/

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058234233-Get-Started-with-Project-Catalog

Check out these links and hopefully, they inspire you to create some catalogs. That will give you visibility among clients. 

Good luck, I am sure a rising talent such as yourself will get clients/projects soon. 

No, nobody should contact customer support for not getting views. What are they supposed to do about it? They are busy enough with freelancers asking: Why did my JSS decrease without any reason? Why did I not get connects after an interview? You get the idea.

Danny, it seems you profile is set to private, so you obviously can't be found in searches, and when a potential client looks at your profile after you send a proposal, that does not count in views. 

Danny K wrote:

Hi, I've been a member on Upwork for a few weeks, tweaking my profile and applying for proposals.

Please check my profile https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~0147b21f185247b9d9/

I haven't gotten any view yet for some reason, what am I doing wrong?

Best,

Danny

It's pretty good! What you should not do is have the same text in all profiles, that would annoy me if I were a client. You don't use the full potential to differentiate your skills. 

You have a lot of competition, literally hundreds of thousands freelancers who do the same thing, so it will be hard to get traction. The secret is not giving up. 

Thank you for the feedback @Martina!

I'll work more on differentiating my specialization profiles.

prak1991
Community Member

HI!!

I am new to upwork. please help..

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Prakash, your profile has minimal information. Use these tips:

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

It may take a week or two to build a good profile. 

mmateta003
Community Member

Hello, I am new to Upwork and would appreciate a review of my profile. Thank you!

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Makgoba, excellent start. I'd suggest creating separate specialized profiles for each skill you have. Here's set of instruction: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013750068-Create-a-Specialized-Profile

joalmoguera
Community Member

Hi, I am new on Upwork..

Can you check my profile please.

Thank you!

7a77b65d
Community Member

Hello Mike,

Can you please look in to my profile and suggest me of any changes to be required.

Thanks,

Vikram **Edited for Community Guidelines**

119d4a63
Community Member

Can someone write me a feedback on my profile, please? Thanks in advance.
8de4981d
Community Member

yes please

20b185af
Community Member

Can you please review my upwork profile?

munni2004
Community Member

I am trying to establish my self in Upwork. Can anyone suggest me how can i get invitation and job here. Also suggest me about my profile.

hassan-humaid
Community Member

Dears.

I would really like to accept the opportunity you're offering.

Please accept my sincere gratitude for taking the time to review my profile.

Regards,

Hassan

khannirzhor
Community Member

Hi everyone!
I would like to know what you think about my profile and what I can do improve it . Thanks a lot!

shah_parin
Community Member

Hello Mike,
I have recently created my profile on Upwork and I realized after o many attamp I have not received any feedback or work from clients

Request you to please give me your valuable feedback

profile is set to private, first make it public otherwise no one can access to your profile.

Here is the article of how to set profile to Public.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

I would also like a feedback, please check out my profile and give me
honest feedback, thanks.
hassan-humaid
Community Member

Hello, Community! 
My name is Hassan, and I'm new to Upwork. Your feedback will be helpful and encouraging as I move forward.

Regards,

Hassan 

Hassan H wrote:
Hello, Community! 
My name is Hassan, and I'm new to Upwork. Your feedback will be helpful and encouraging as I move forward.

Regards,

Hassan 

Your overview should not sound like a CV or resume. You should focus on adressing the potential client and his needs. You can leave that text, but only at the bottom of your overview. Research your competition.

69f34f5f
Community Member

Hi I am full stack developer new to upwork can you please check my profile and sugest something.

raele
Community Member

Hello, guys!

Excuse me, I don't know if it is actually permitted, but is it possible to someone here review my profile? I mean, check grammar mistakes, aesthetic quality etc - I don't mean to review my jobs. Is it nice formatted?

Thank you in advance!

basitme
Community Member

Please review mine profile and help me to be part of Upwork community. Much appreciated.
Thanks

Basit

qainanidris
Community Member

Dear All,

Looking for feedback to get work on upwork.

Regards,
Qainan Idris.

moshiour96
Community Member

Please have a quick look at my Profile, It would be really helpful

hassan-humaid
Community Member

Hello, I'm Hassan, and I'm new to Upwork. I've been seeking for work for a long time and have given up. I'm hoping that your input on my profile will help me find job.

Regards,

Hassan 

hassan-humaid
Community Member

Hello, I'm Hassan, and I'm new to Upwork. I've been seeking for work for a long time and have given up. I'm hoping that your input on my profile will help me find job.

Regards,

Hassan

5477d27d
Community Member

Hi! I'm new and would love to know what i can improve on! It would be greatly appreciated!

Nayiree S wrote:

Hi! I'm new and would love to know what i can improve on! It would be greatly appreciated!

1. You need a portfolio.

2. Writing is terribly overpopulated.

3. I don't want to sound harsh, but you spent maybe 5 minutes creating your profile. That shows. Research your competition. Craft a text that dazzles. Draw the reader in. You are missing all of your opportunities.

muhammadanas69
Community Member

yep, I need help I am a new freelancer.

simranjit1414
Community Member

Hey sir, 

Kindly review my Upwork profile and give your valuable feedback.

73b82c6f
Community Member

Hi! I would like to request you review my profile.

martins_code
Community Member

PLease kindly check mine as well.

301af7cf
Community Member

Hi

Thank you for the opportunity given to new comers like myself. May I know how to get legit paid surveys while I am looking for transcription related jobs?

raselmahmud2099
Community Member

Hi Friend,

I think you are fine. Few days I am bidding more and more but I'm not getting any job. Please can you suggest me anything? How can I bid, or bid content?

Waiting for your response.

Muktar Islam.

kclif98
Community Member

That would be so great, Mike. Personally, I just started off and I am yet to get any gigs. Helping each other is the way. I'd be glad if I got any support from anyone. **Edited for Community Guidelines** We can always support each other. I will help my level best

fa9d4eb0
Community Member

Please have a look into my profile and expecting your valuable suggestions to improve it.
Thank you,
Rajesh B
benjminrichie
Community Member

I am very much interested in finding help 

Hi guys!!!

Please, i really need help from you.

I trust you all are professionals in what you do and that is why i brought this here because i know i will definately find the solution to my problems from the very first response down to the last.

I have been on upwork for eleven months now but have only been invited for only one job since february this year and since after i submitted that job till now, i keep on applying for various jobs but no response. 

Please i seriously need your help is the problem with my profile or my proposal or otherwisw?

Here is  a link to my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018a300b45462f994b

Also, here is a sample of what my proposal template looks like (I usually edit this template to fit the job i am applying);

Hello (clients name),

Awesome job post you’ve got here, I particularly like how well structured, brief and detailed it is. It shows you understand exactly what you need.

It takes real courage to start a YouTube channel, and it takes quality content to grow your channel. Understanding that yours is growing, there is real need for quality videos. It can be frustrating when you do not see improvements on your channel and a lot of the time it boils down to one thing. The quality of your video.

I also understand the need for serious attention to a project like yours.

That is why, I will professionally edit your YouTube videos, using cutting edge tools like adobe premiere pro, and the likes. While also making sure that the most important parts of your content are not cut off.

At the end, your videos will be;

1. Properly edited
  2. Of high quality
  3. Properly sized and optimized for your YouTube channel

Your job reminds me of a recent job I just finished for one of my client, I have attached for your confidence, the sample of the job below and also a link to another which the client didnt permit me to send. Feel free to check it out.

For clarity sake, do you have preference for any particular editing tool?

Feel free to schedule a meeting or message me let’s discuss your business further. I am ready to start as soon as you send in an offer.

Thank you for your time

Cheers!

OR

Hello,

Just read through your job and I’d love to get involved. I particularly like how well structured, brief and detailed it is. It shows you understand exactly what you need.

I have over 4 years’ experience in the video editing industry with an impressive skill level in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Cc.

In addition to this, I have 2 years experience editing and producing youtube content and also building my youtube page from 0 to over 1k subscribers

I am very active throughout the week and super easy to communicate with.

I can chat via SKYPE or over messages and of course fast turn around on projects.

Your job reminds me of a recent job I just finished for one of my client, I have attached for your confidence, the sample of the job below. Feel free to check it out.

For clarity sake, do you have preference for any particular editing tool?

Feel free to schedule a meeting or message me let’s discuss your business further. I am ready to start as soon as you send in an offer.

Thank you for your time

Cheers!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths