🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
Michael J Community Member

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
Prem M Community Member

Pleases can someone review my profile and give feedback.
Thank you in advance

This widget could not be displayed.
" alt="
's avatar" class="community-forums-author-avatar"> >

Prem, your profile reads well. I would encourage you to add a bit more detail in the overview section about services you offer for the specialized profile. My understanding is - you have listed fifteen different types of deliverables but showcased only three types in the portfolio (I am not an expert in your domain, so these numbers could be wrong). The point is - consider adding a sample of each deliverable that you can deliver. Lastly, in a short period of time, you have gotten good reviews. If I were in your shoes, I would send proposals aggressively to get more projects soon. You might even get Rising talent badge (Not sure of its current criteria). 

Good luck, I am sure you will get several projects on this platform.   

Rana Aftab Z Community Member

Well, I'm offering different services, and as we are allowed to make only 2 specialized profiles so I added the same services in the profiles. Could you please help me and suggest to me about my profile if I'm doing any mistakes?

www.upwork.com/fl/ranaaftab31

Suman B Community Member

Hi Rana,

Your profile is ok. But as per opinion you should try to touch every section mentioned by Upwork. It would be better to get response from the clients with your niche. One more thing testimonial is one of the most important parts to increase your trust level to the clients.

Thank You

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Maria T Community Member

Suman B wrote:

Hi Rana,

Your profile is ok. But as per opinion you should try to touch every section mentioned by Upwork. It would be better to get response from the clients with your niche. One more thing testimonial is one of the most important parts to increase your trust level to the clients.

Thank You

Suman B.

Suman, has someone told you that writing in the forum will give you more visibility or will it help you?
Because I can assure you that it is not so.
5 completely the same answers that say nothing and are useless.

Sushanta C Community Member

Hi,

I am kind of new to Upwork (less than 2 months). Earlier my profile was reviewed by an expert. I did some changes that time as per her advice. But, after that, I have made some major changes as well. Now, may I request an expert to have a look at my profile one more time and provide me some advice accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

Sushanta Choudhury

" alt="

Sushanta, I recall reviewing your profile and suggesting ask client for a feedback. But looks like the client did not provide any feedback 😞 

I'd take out first two paragraphs, and start at "I am an ACCA... " rest all reads fine. I would add more project catalogs. 

If clients have not given you feedback, this might make it a little harder to get new contracts. I would suggest send several proposals every day to get new projects and eventually feedback.  

Sushanta C Community Member

Yes, Aditi. You did the review. It's very unfortunate but the client did not provide any feedback yet though I requested her to share her experience. However, I have an active order right now & I will try to take feedback from this client. By the way, I don't like to miss the opportunity to thank you wholeheartedly once again. You did a great job for me. And, yes I will try to follow your advice & sending 5+ proposals every day.

Thanks & Regards.

Tonia I Community Member

Hi

This is a snippet of my portfolio

Amanda L Community Member

Tonia I wrote:

Hi

This is a snippet of my portfolio

Hi Tonia, you are in one of the most competitive fields on Upwork, so it's very important to complete your profile fully and make sure you stand out. 

1. Get testimonials from previous employers or clients [the Testimonials that you request on your profile that are verified, not simply added into the text box]

2. You have no portfolio in your Upwork profile. That is a MUST for a graphic designer. 

3. Your profile text is okay, but I think you need to add more. It's mostly about you and not what you do for your clients, and that's what it should be about. What is your process? How do you work with clients to help them achieve their goals? What will it be like for them to work with you? Make it more about the client and less about you. Although I think you can keep what you have and just add to it with more client-centered content. 

Tonia I Community Member

Thank you

Tonia I wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. However, I do actually have an extensive portfolio and cannot show it due to it being market sensitive. I can send my portfolio on request and adapt it to the job applied for. This is the norm and a MUST in my field of work (you are not from a graphic design background are you?). I have been on the upwork platform for a day, we are asking for advise and not for a complete dressing down or ripping of a new sphincter! Previously I have had my portfolio stolen, which is a compliment in some eyes, but in mine, no! 

My profile is about me because its my profile as in everyone elses is about them. 

Tonia, my advice is on how to use your profile to win clients. Every graphic designer on this site will have a portfolio on their profile here. I'm telling you what you're up against. "Profile" is actually a misnomer for what it is. This is your advertisement to clients. It's where you sell your expertise and services. It's not a bio, and freelancers often make that mistake (read: unsuccessful freelancers). I'm not in graphic design, but I've hired graphic designers on Upwork, and regardless best practices are tried and true across fields on Upwork. 

Tonia I Community Member

Thank you for your advise. I will of course take it on board and get that client. Do forgive me for being overly responsive.
Tonia I Community Member

Can i start again

Amanda L wrote:

Tonia I wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. However, I do actually have an extensive portfolio and cannot show it due to it being market sensitive. I can send my portfolio on request and adapt it to the job applied for. This is the norm and a MUST in my field of work (you are not from a graphic design background are you?). I have been on the upwork platform for a day, we are asking for advise and not for a complete dressing down or ripping of a new sphincter! Previously I have had my portfolio stolen, which is a compliment in some eyes, but in mine, no! 

My profile is about me because its my profile as in everyone elses is about them. 

Tonia, my advice is on how to use your profile to win clients. Every graphic designer on this site will have a portfolio on their profile here. I'm telling you what you're up against. "Profile" is actually a misnomer for what it is. This is your advertisement to clients. It's where you sell your expertise and services. It's not a bio, and freelancers often make that mistake (read: unsuccessful freelancers). I'm not in graphic design, but I've hired graphic designers on Upwork, and regardless best practices are tried and true across fields on Upwork. 

Phyllis G Community Member

Tonia I wrote:

I don't understand why you invited feedback if you didn't want to hear it. Lots of smart, successful, experienced FLs never visit this thread because their generous attempts to assist have been greeted too many times with responses like yours to Amanda. If you think you'll make it in graphic design on this platform without a portfolio in your profile, then by all means, have at it and good luck.

Tonia I Community Member

Phyllis G wrote:

Tonia I wrote:

I don't understand why you invited feedback if you didn't want to hear it. Lots of smart, successful, experienced FLs never visit this thread because their generous attempts to assist have been greeted too many times with responses like yours to Amanda. If you think you'll make it in graphic design on this platform without a portfolio in your profile, then by all means, have at it and good luck.

I have apologised

Tonia I wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Tonia I wrote:

I have apologised

It's all good. I think you've gotten some good ideas too. Hopefully you'll be landing jobs soon. 

Maria T Community Member

Tonia I wrote:

Someone who asks for an opinion and responds like this does not deserve opinions.
You are lucky that a client (in addition to being a freelancer) has responded with the way she sees it and what she is missing, and do you respond that way?

I agree with Amanda that you need a portfolio. If you can't show the jobs you have, create some item to show.

You are not the only one who has had portfolio images stolen. Here we are dedicated to marking many profiles with stolen images.

Maybe you should delete the link you have in the title. It is a form of contact and is not allowed on Upwork.
You can send links of your portfolio or something else in the proposals, but they cannot be on your profile.

Tonia I Community Member

ok, I get your point. leave it there shall we

Maria T Community Member

Tonia I wrote:

I don't know if you are answering me. If so, ok, I'll leave it at that. 
This just so you can better use the forum. To find out who you are replying to, use "quote".
If not, as the messages accumulate, in the end you don't know who or what you are replying to.

Screenshot.png

Tonia I Community Member

This is all very confusing. The instructions are not clear on application and its day 1 for me, pick a window and I will jump through. My Bad
" alt="

Tonia I wrote:
This is all very confusing. The instructions are not clear on application and its day 1 for me, pick a window and I will jump through. My Bad

🙂 Sphincter, window 🙂 Tonia, have you ever considered a career in writing? You totally cracked me up!! (It's not that I am insensitive towards your experiences; it reminded me of myself a while ago and I did not have creative expressions as you do!!) 

Tonia I Community Member

Maria T wrote:

Tonia I wrote:

I don't know if you are answering me. If so, ok, I'll leave it at that. 
This just so you can better use the forum. To find out who you are replying to, use "quote".
If not, as the messages accumulate, in the end you don't know who or what you are replying to.

Screenshot.pngI knew that, not. Thank you 

Jason L Community Member

Hi guys! 

I just started this freelancing job on upwork few weeks ago and I've been polishing my profile, portfolio and cover letter. I used to receive some interviews weeks ago but these few weeks are just so weird. I'm buying connects and throwing in a lot of proposals lately, bidding at the reasonable budget, nice cover letter stating my skills and the client's needs, but I just don't get ANY interviews, even some less than 10 proposals submitted jobs! 

Any problem regarding my profile? Or does the client see my proposals?? 

Need some help here please. Thank you. 

Jason L Community Member

Can anyone help me with this??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths