🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting paid
Page options
brandi_gale
Community Member

Getting paid

I just finished my first contract for one blog post. The job  has been marked "finished' and it says that "funds have been released". This is my first job and I wasn't sure if there is something special that I need to do in order to collect. I know that I need a payment account linked but when I was setting up my payment info there was a dropdown box that said that it would disperse funds at every $100. I'm confused. I wasn't working hourly on this. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Brandi G wrote:

I just finished my first contract for one blog post. The job  has been marked "finished' and it says that "funds have been released". This is my first job and I wasn't sure if there is something special that I need to do in order to collect. I know that I need a payment account linked but when I was setting up my payment info there was a dropdown box that said that it would disperse funds at every $100. I'm confused. I wasn't working hourly on this. 

You can select a threshold when money will be remitted to your bank account, that is completely unrelated if the contract was fixed or hourly. If the amount is below 100, you can still request payment, if you do not want to wait for a larger amount to avoid the remittance fee that you have to pay every time. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Brandi G wrote:

You can select a threshold when money will be remitted to your bank account, that is completely unrelated if the contract was fixed or hourly. If the amount is below 100, you can still request payment, if you do not want to wait for a larger amount to avoid the remittance fee that you have to pay every time. 

Thank you for your help ! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths