🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello Upwork Community: Seeking Guidance on P...
Page options
6e08e8b2
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community: Seeking Guidance on Profile, Scam Prevention, and Landing First Clients!

Hello Upwork Community!

Excited to be part of this community! I'm diving into the freelance market with over 5 years of experience as a game artist and 3D/2D generalist.

I'd love your insights on my profile—check it out here:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e44bccbd1eecfaa

Any feedback or suggestions on how to make it stand out would be invaluable!

Also, seeking advice from the seasoned freelancers here: how do you navigate the waters to avoid scams? Any tips to protect oneself?

How did you land your first client? I'm eager to learn from your experiences and tips on breaking into the freelance scene.

Appreciate the collective wisdom of this community! Let's make this freelance journey a success together!

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Nouman,

Welcome to Upwork! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We also suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie

2b062f7e
Community Member

I am realy happy to be a member of upwork community.

Assefa Amare
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths