🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Help Needed: My client is unresponsive
Page options
b696f5d4
Community Member

Help Needed: My client is unresponsive

My client is not responding me from 23 march 2022
I Made him a software for 105$ and he put 20$ in Escrow for a milestone to check the product.

After receiving the product he is unresponsive surely scammed me
I would liike to know Is it possible to get those 20$ in Escrow as its been 12 Days and they are still in Escrow.

Please help!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jainendra B wrote

I would liike to know Is it possible to get those 20$ in Escrow as its been 12 Days and they are still in Escrow.

If you correctly submitted the work for payment via the "Submit for payment function on the contract, the money in escrow (only) is released 14 days later if the client doesn't react.

In future, don't do work for $125 if only $20 is funded. If $20 is funded, you do $20 worth of work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jainendra B wrote

If you correctly submitted the work for payment via the "Submit for payment function on the contract, the money in escrow (only) is released 14 days later if the client doesn't react.

In future, don't do work for $125 if only $20 is funded. If $20 is funded, you do $20 worth of work.

b696f5d4
Community Member

Is it possible to dispute against the client and ban his account so that he cannot scam other people on upwork? I wanted to report the user but don't know how to do that

re: "Is it possible to dispute against the client and ban his account so that he cannot scam other people on upwork? I wanted to report the user but don't know how to do that"

No.

Let this go.

Dont report the client.

You are the freelancer. You are the one who used Upwork incorrectly 

In the future, don't work for unfunded milestones.

petra_r
Community Member

There is nothing to dispute. You had a $20 milestone. If you decide to do work in excess of that, that's basically on you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths