🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork account not activated
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Member

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

585 REPLIES 585

Hi Solomiia,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
60a8d836
Community Member

Hi Jamal,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b092c1ca
Community Member

i completed new to upwork learning paths and i submited my upwork profile for review but i didn't got any reaction 

Hi Muniba,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Additionally, feel free to check the articles Mike shared in the post here to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6df3e38c
Community Member

Hi Zeeshan,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8d477b40
Community Member

How can I find out if my Upwork account is now fully approved/authorised?! 

I added my payment billing method - Paypal (account) when I signed up and now I was interested in upgrading to plus package. But someone wiser (kudos to Petra R) suggested that perhaps wait till your account is apporved - while this is most sensible, but I cannot find out how I can get this information. My account seems to be functioning for couple of weeks now, I am submitting proposals and all etc. 

Notes - I am a non-US user and reside in Pakistan. 

Did i miss anything, I will be happy to share more info if you can help me, is there anyother account authorisations proofs or documentation that is needed!!! 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Regards

Gulraiz Raza

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gulraiz,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. An indication that your profile was approved was you were able to submit proposals.

You may now upgrade to plus. To purchase this:

1. Go to Settings › Memberships & Connects
  2. Select View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Choose the Upgrade button on the Plus plan

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear AJ,

Thank you for confirming. 

ac27c645
Community Member

Hi there, I need to know if my Upwork account is Approved or Active and ready to submit proposal?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Charito,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ AJ
Upwork
cb22a352
Community Member

Hello! My upwork account is not activated and it's been sometime now. I'm just frustrated because I'm finding jobs that I'm qualified for but unable to submit a proposal. Feedback would be appreciated.

Hi Maridonna,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cb22a352
Community Member

Hello Nikola, Thank you for replying, unfortunately my account still has the banner saying that my account is being reviewed and I'm unable to select the proposal button. Assistance appreciated.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maridonna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and is now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. When everything is in one place, we'll be more efficient in assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
eb8d220c
Community Member

Hey annie could you please help me. I want to verify my identity on upwork but the id verification part is not on my account. Could you please also check if my account was approved. I can send a proposal now but I am still not sure since the id verification section is not on my account.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mahir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm happy to inform you that your profile has been accepted. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork.

Regarding the ID verification, I have checked your account, and looks like it doesn't need to be verified yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ad8cb65c
Community Member

Hi, I just sent my ID in the Identity Verification almost a day from now and it just says 1 business day. Could you help me with this, I badly needed to get verified so I can renew my contract. This is a new account because my main account which Im talking to here needs to be verified and it is suspended. Please help me https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014eabd1f339e4d7ea here's the link of my account that I wanted to be verified thanks.

Hi Avery, I just created this account so I can reply in this community because my main account was suspended due to ID verification and I just sent my ID in Identity Verification almost a day from now and it just says that " 1 business day etc" Can you help me with these, badly needed the money I earn in that account and for the renewal of my contract in my currently client, thanks. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014eabd1f339e4d7ea 

here is the link of my account
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm happy to inform you that your profile has been accepted! You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
7da58c2c
Community Member

Hi members,  I am very new to Upwork as I submitted  my profile  yesterday. I  can view jobs,  but when I  try to apply to them,nothing comes up.  Have I been approved?  Someone help me please.  Thanks. 

Hi Aurelia,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for letting me know I have already been approved. Looking
forward to getting gigs. Warm regards.
Aurelia.
bfeacb1b
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths