🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Adil,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I am a new member of Upwork. One trouble problem that I cannot fix success after I finished my profile which is about my profile is under review. Thank you!

Hi Yan,

Thanks for reaching out. We have a team dedicated to reviewing new profiles. The profile review process may take 24 hours to complete from the time you submitted it for review. You will be notified of the status of your profile approval. Once your profile is accepted, you can start submitting proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello everyone,

Everytime I try to submit my profile to Upwork, which allows my applicaiton to go under review, A box pops up saying that something has gone wrong and I must contact customer support. I haven't been accepted or rejected because Upwork will not submit my profile even though I have filled out the employment background, education, etc. I live in the USA, I am of age, and I check out for legal concerns, so I don't understand why Upwork won't allow me to take the next step and either get rejected or accepted.  How do I move forward to get my application submitted?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Courtney,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Looks like your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, Aleksandar!
Sorry for the spam...
Can you check the status of my account, please?
i am also new member to Upwork
Asking you because the following message is visible on the help center page:

It looks like we could not accept your application to join Upwork. To learn more, look for the email we sent you about your application. This email includes information about why we could not accept your profile and offers tips for reapplying, if you’re eligible.

Thank you!

Hi Nedyalko,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I just tried to create and submit my profile in order to create my account, but i could not. Do you know what is happening? Can you help me please? Thank you!

Hi Joana,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi again,

I tried again, i also changed some things, but i could not make it. I tried
other browser too, but i do not know what is happening. Do you have any
chance to check exactly what i am doing wrongly?

Thank you and all the best,

Joana

Hi Joana, 

I checked your profile and can see that there seems to be a recurring issue in the Employment and Education section of your profile. Could you please edit out these errors in your profile and let me know if the issue persists?

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 10.37.06 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm getting "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." when submitting a new account and "Error: Submit failed" in the developer console. Any ideas as to how I can remedy this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henry,

It looks like you haven't completed all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b4682f24
Community Member

Hey Bojan, it says I've completed all of my profile and I'm still getting an error after clearing all of my browser data/cache. Here is a screenshot of it prompting me to submit my profile. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henry, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

How would I know whether my profile is approved or not because when ever I am trying to submit proposal upwork is asking me to buy connects.

Hi Sofi, 

It looks like your profile registration was from three years ago, and your profile registration was accepted. If you go through any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I created a profile and would love to get started! I was wondering how long the approval process is and how will I be contacted? Via email?  I know that this is a process and Upworks is probaly experiencing higher than normal questions at this time. Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it!

Hi Stephanie, 

I can confirm that your profile registration has already been accepted. I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, how do I know if my profile has been approved?

Hi Faisal,

Your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran!

Hi,i made bids before my profile was online. Does this matter?

With online i mean 100% Profile completion, forgot to add some Infos. Had only 90% before.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Markus,

I checked this for you and the proposals you have sent were successfully delivered to the clients. This you can check under your Proposals page or Connects History.

Feel free to continue with bidding on projects and please check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi is my Upwork profile approve?

There's a label on my Job Feed that says "Congrats, you're now part of Upwork!".

Is that says my Profile is approve?

Thanks!

Hi Yugin,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

How can I check that my profile was approved ?

I haven't received any confirmation email that my account has been approved. But I see that I am able to submit proposals. So does that mean that my profile has been approved?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Muhammad,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is my profile approved for Upwork?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isaac,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
anodaview
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan!

Hello,

Will you kindly check my profile that is approved or not? If not then plz advised me how I will complete this.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01e07841e2a5a2530b/

Hi Bilal,

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can someone please tell me wheather my account is approved or not ?

Hi Shuvo,

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks

Need to check the status of my account,

Hi Ruffa,

I checked the status of your profile approval, and I'm happy to confirm that it has been approved. If you have other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

The message says that I should hear back within 24 hours, but it has been about 72 hours I could not get reply.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahzad, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths