🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I pay my upworker early?
Page options
dabe5614
Community Member

How do I pay my upworker early?

Hi,

I posted a project. Hired my upworker and he completed the job. It was less than a week. It looks like from the help documentation that he will be paid weekly? Is this correct? I ended the contract (successfully). Is there any way to release funds to him immediately?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi KC,

I checked and it looks like this is an Hourly Contract so that is correct. When working on Hourly Contracts freelancers are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to you on Monday, you can see this in your Reports > Transactions. You have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday. 

You don't need to manually verify the work completed, you can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on your end, the funds will be released to the freelancer as detailed above.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there any way to release funds to him immediately?"

No.

Don't worry about it.

Upwork freelancers are professionals. They know how the system works. None of the legitimate professionals among Upwork's freelancers would ever approach a client to discuss Upwork's funds release schedule.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths