🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do the payments work
Page options
tdun1992
Community Member

How do the payments work

I am brand new to this site so forgive me if I'm posting something that was already answered or a non issue. I recently completed a milestone with a client. There is an invoice that says the client as paied, but my "available earnings" is still 0. Does it take a few business days to get to me? Is there a step that I didn't do that is preventing the payment from reaching me? What should I expect whenever I get paid on this site?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tyler D wrote:

I recently completed a milestone with a client. There is an invoice that says the client as paied, but my "available earnings" is still 0. 

Familiarise yourself with your Reports Overview page. Click on the question marks, which explain what the various stages your payments go through mean. Also read everything under "When will I get paid?"

The money from your released milestone will be under "Pending", subject to the standard 5 day security period. The date it will be available will be in the left hand column

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Tyler D wrote:

I recently completed a milestone with a client. There is an invoice that says the client as paied, but my "available earnings" is still 0. 

Familiarise yourself with your Reports Overview page. Click on the question marks, which explain what the various stages your payments go through mean. Also read everything under "When will I get paid?"

The money from your released milestone will be under "Pending", subject to the standard 5 day security period. The date it will be available will be in the left hand column

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

tdun1992
Community Member

Perfect. Thank you.

michael_skaggs
Community Member

You're in luck, because there's a whole section of help articles surrounding getting paid, including this one for fixed-price projects: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063718-Get-Paid-for-Fixed-Price-Contracts

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths